Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Mine, after getting it back from the replaced driveshaft and having the tires balanced (for a 4th time) is almost perfect now. No obvious vibrations aside from road induced. REALLY hoping it is a permanent fix. Has me wondering if this car is just really sensitive to even slightly out of balance tires for some reason.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Please supply documentation (SSM 46767) on the "new revised" driveshaft or SSM bulletin that supersedes SSM 45938.

As you all know I have provided extensive documentation in this thread regarding my own driveline repairs and reoccurring issues relating to this subject matter.

Well, after the entire rear diff was replaced in June of this year and only putting 5k miles on it, mine is BACK AT THE FORD SERVICE CENTER for now even worse vibes than before the original rear diff was replaced.

Again I have a Ford CSR involved... (the now 3rd since my "new car" ownership).

So if ANYONE has the actual documentation to provide on that supposed new driveshaft - PLEASE post it here so I can relay it back to my Service Center and CSR.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Confirmed it the dealership and a service tech on a Facebook forum. It's a new bulletin released by ford so maybe the website you are checking is not updated. Anyway the new revised driveshaft should be in my car next Tuesday
Can you please post up an image of the Facebook forum posting you are referring to?? There are those of us who don't use FB, and the info you can provide will benefit many who are stuck with this issue...

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I'll get you some documentation next week...... by the way do you have the service record for when they replaced the driveshaft??? If you do can you tell me the part number ? I want to see if it is different

Sponsored

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Automatic
Can you please post up an image of the Facebook forum posting you are referring to?? There are those of us who don't use FB, and the info you can provide will benefit many who are stuck with this issue...
I agree we need part numbers and the screen shot of the conversation exchange. Do you have the link or facebook group name that I could search ?

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll get you some documentation next week...... by the way do you have the service record for when they replaced the driveshaft??? If you do can you tell me the part number ? I want to see if it is different
Sorry meant to ask here can you shoot the link out of the Facebook group your referring to that I could search?

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know how to attach an image using my phone. Just call ur ford dealership and give them the tsb #
Is your dealership in Fairfax ? If so I found that but that Facebook page doesnt get into technical details. Did they give you like a service page for their dealership that you log into? On your phone when you go to that site can you copy the link of the site your on? Last question I thought all you had was a SSM 45938 not a TSB yet?

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I don't know what the difference between a tsb and a ssm...... my service advisor told the ssm number that I posted earlier and told me there is a new driveshaft for the car to fix some issues like the clunking, so I'm hoping it will help with the slight vibration

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
hmm.. i guess we shall see.

From all i research it looks like a proper drive shaft balancing while its installed in the car seems to fix it. Not all dealers have the tools to do so, and will just install a replacement driveshaft without checking the balance. When you pick up your car, ask them if they balanced the drive shaft after they installed it.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I don't know what the difference between a tsb and a ssm...... my service advisor told the ssm number that I posted earlier and told me there is a new driveshaft for the car to fix some issues like the clunking, so I'm hoping it will help with the slight vibration
In basic terms as I understand it :

SSM = We know there is an issue , not sure why , we hope these things will fix it.

TSB = We know this is the issue , and this is how you fix it .

Though in that case the Explorer exhaust / smell issue should be a SSM and not a TSB .

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the part number they are getting fr3z-4r602-p
Want to Thank you for the information you supplied here NorthernVAMustang. Really hope to see how and what you end up with as a fix with your dealership. I took mine in today with both SSM's. I went for a test drive with Shop foreman and he agreed that it felt like drive-line. More to follow. My dealership has been pretty good thus far.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
A new driveshaft design? This is promising, but I don't have my hopes up.
Sponsored