Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Did you get the Airaid by itself, or bundled with a tune?
What are your impressions of it? I'm on the fence with the JLT or Airaid.

Any pics with Airaid and sound tube delete?

I got 14hp with a tune,

Tuned car made a couple pulls
Install jlt
Make a few tuning pulls.
Final pull +14 over the baselined non jlt

I didn't buy it for looks. I bought it because jlt has a great rep for making power

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I got 14hp with a tune,

Tuned car made a couple pulls

Install jlt

Make a few tuning pulls.

Final pull +14 over the baselined non jlt

I didn't buy it for looks. I bought it because jlt has a great rep for making power

So 28hp total with both?

What was torque gains with just tune and tune+jlt? Who did you get tune from? Custom or sct canned?

clrsky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Race Red
Did you get the Airaid by itself, or bundled with a tune?
What are your impressions of it? I'm on the fence with the JLT or Airaid.

Any pics with Airaid and sound tube delete?

I got everything separate but got a Bama tune in it. I like the closed box on the Airaid since with the vented hood on it you could get rain running down into the airbox. The airaid prevents that. Only thing I don't like is the metal cover. I will likely take that metal cover off and just leave the clear cover on. The Airaid has all the fittings to delete the sound tube with it.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Livernois tune only was 22hp

Jlt was 14 more, tuned.

Oh wow. So 36 hp total.

How much torque tune only and with jlt was gained? Did rpm of torque peak move?

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'd just like to know what sizes of plugs or caps are being used to seal the hole in the intake tube and the one in the firewall. I've asked this over and over but never seem to get an answer from anyone. :(

OP
OP

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
It looks like ~1.5" ID on the intake side, probably 1.75 OD if you are attaching worm gear clamps on top of an exterior cap? I really need to replace my calipers.

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
SOUND TUBE DELETE !

I know a few people have already done it. Seems most/all the parts should be sourced easily at local hardware/auto parts stores.

The problem is that this thing looks like it snakes in behind the engine into the firewall.

I don't seem to have access from the top on my PP due to the amount of braces in there.

Any tips on how to get to the bolt that goes into the firewall? Need to jack and go underneath?
Done! It's out...and good Bye! That that was not very easy.

I removed all four bolts on the strut tower brace. I didn't remove it because of the battery cable on the right side. I folded up a towel and lefted up the left/drivers side of the STB and supported it on towel on top of the intake manifold cover.

I released the clamp on the intake tube, lifted it off the airbox, and released it from the next fastener, than twisted it up out of the way on top of the intake manifold cover, under another towel.

At that point...I took my flex extendable pen LED light and I could actually see the 10mm stud and bolt under the tube at the fire wall. Yeah!

I took a 1/4" drive, 10mm deep stocket with a swivel attached, than a 6" extension and snaked my hand in there and got it over the nut. Than I attached another swivel to the end of the 6" extention. Than I put a 12" extension on to that.

Put my 1/4" rachet on to that, a few dozen quick rachets later and the nut was loose enough to spin off with my fingers. I managered to reach my hand in and pull it off the stud at the fire wall and than snaked it out of there.

Now tomorrow...the hunt is on for caps and plugs. Update to follow. Good luck to all that want to attemp this. Now that I've done it it really wasn't all that bad. Maybe 20 minutes.

A good tip. 24" X 36" rubber backed bath mats make great and inexpensive fender protectors. They didn't slide around and they provide a bit of padding for your elbows.
image.jpg

OP
OP

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
OK now that I see the bolt hole on the firewall side it doesn't look that far down, I must have just missed feeling the bolt when I went spelunking in the dark to find it. Just curious did you use the little u-joint attachments or one of those braided steel flexible extensions?

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK now that I see the bolt hole on the firewall side it doesn't look that far down, I must have just missed feeling the bolt when I went spelunking in the dark to find it. Just curious did you use the little u-joint attachments or one of those braided steel flexible extensions?
Spelunking...lol! :)

I used a u-joint type in the end of the 10mm deep socket. Than a 6" extension, than another u-joint type on the end of that 6", than the 12" on the end of that, than the rachet...follow?

So wrist joint and than elbow joint on that long arm to the fire wall. :)

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spelunking...lol! :)

I used a u-joint type in the end of the 10mm deep socket. Than a 6" extension, than another u-joint type on the end of that 6", than the 12" on the end of that, than the rachet...follow?

So wrist joint and than elbow joint on that long arm to the fire wall. :)
Photo of the 1/4" drive rachet configuration that I used to sucessfully remove the 10mm bolt from the fire wall.
image.jpg

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
For the dummy here... what does the Sound Tube do? It looks like it's connected to the air box and the other end goes into the cabin. Is this the same as what was said about the Eco-boost piping exhaust notes into the audio system? I see it on my GT and didn't know what it was.
Sponsored