Sponsored

Video: How to Install S550 Mustang Interior LEDs! 2015+ Interior LED Conversion Kit!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Agreed! :thumbsup:

And, by the way... There are a-holes all over the country, not just in Illinois. There are plenty in the Peoples Republic of Maryland as well. :doh:
You know if they would pull out and get moving quickly up to the speed limit I'd be okay with it but they just pull out and take their sweet time. They aren't in any hurry they just want to be in front of you. I have a saying for them….

"We are in a hurry….. to make you wait."

Makes me want to drive with flashing lights on the car to wake these jackholes up. So I'm all for the brightness of these LEDs. :D
Sponsored

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Any idea on when the switchback resistor kit will be available? Thanks!
What are the resistors about? Just for the blinking and the sound on the inside? I did the switchbacks a couple of weeks ago and love them. I noticed the different sound when signaling, I actually like it, I sure as heck wouldn't add resistors to get rid of it.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
What are the resistors about? Just for the blinking and the sound on the inside? I did the switchbacks a couple of weeks ago and love them. I noticed the different sound when signaling, I actually like it, I sure as heck wouldn't add resistors to get rid of it.
They are required for most applications to prevent hyperflashing. Some vehicles, like the 2015 Mustang, don't require them to maintain the correct flashing speed on the exterior of the vehicle.

However, we have noticed it creates a "galloping" sound inside the cabin

Nick C.

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
And I will pay for resistors to get rid of the galloping signal sound from the dash because it sounds wrong and I don't like it. So, my question still stands, when will the inline resistors for the switchback to eliminate the hyper flashing dash indicators be available?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
And I will pay for resistors to get rid of the galloping signal sound from the dash because it sounds wrong and I don't like it. So, my question still stands, when will the inline resistors for the switchback to eliminate the hyper flashing dash indicators be available?
We will post an update when they are available

Thanks,
Nick C.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I was extremely disappointed in their choice of vanity bulbs. It actually made my light output worse, because the led bulbs they chose emits light towards the mirror and NOT your face. They should have used a board type led bulb with the led side facing you. Also, each vanity light order comes with FOUR bulbs! I thought it was only a pair, so I ordered an extra pack.
IMG_9688.jpg

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I was extremely disappointed in their choice of vanity bulbs. It actually made my light output worse, because the led bulbs they chose emits light towards the mirror and NOT your face. They should have used a board type led bulb with the led side facing you. Also, each vanity light order comes with FOUR bulbs! I thought it was only a pair, so I ordered an extra pack.
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't pleased with the usable output of red. We do try to make it clear that red will produce less visible output than a white bulb of the same model.

The listing also states that the vanity light kit comes with four bulbs. It's in bold and capital letters under Bulb Design

Please let us know if you would like to return the extra set for a refund: (314) 205-3033

We'd be happy to assist you

Thanks,
Nick C.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't pleased with the usable output of red. We do try to make it clear that red will produce less visible output than a white bulb of the same model.

The listing also states that the vanity light kit comes with four bulbs. It's in bold and capital letters under Bulb Design

Please let us know if you would like to return the extra set for a refund: (314) 205-3033

We'd be happy to assist you

Thanks,
Nick C.
Ah I see it now. Damn it. I don't scroll down that far when I was ordering all the bulbs.
hjaksdkhjfd.jpg
jasdhkkfdjjsh2.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Nick, aren't you guys considering redesigning the vanity bulb?
It's really due to the bulb's position in the housing, but we are always updating our products and improving them as technology progresses.

It doesn't really make sense to have a 100+ lumen bulb in the vanity light location, unless you really don't want your wife putting makeup on in the car :lol:

Nick C.

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The light output on any color of the current vanity bulb is going to have a half-circle spot appearance in the lens. This seems to be because of two factors:

1) The bulb emits light off to the side instead of towards the lens.
2) The emitted light is right on the edge of the bulb socket opening due to the length of the bulb.

It would help the appearance if:
  • The length of the bulb was shorter such that the light output was more in the center of the bulb socket opening,
  • The bulb was redesigned so that the light emitted towards the lens,
  • There was a diffuser on the end of the current style bulb (similar to the HP3s and HP5s), and/or
  • There was more of a reflective surface behind the bulb.
A diffuser would probably help a lot, but it would probably require a redesign anyway because the current bulb's length just fits in the bulb socket opening (which is why the emitted light is on the edge).

It's really due to the bulb's position in the housing, but we are always updating our products and improving them as technology progresses.

It doesn't really make sense to have a 100+ lumen bulb in the vanity light location, unless you really don't want your wife putting makeup on in the car :lol:

Nick C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The light output on any color of the current vanity bulb is going to have a half-circle spot appearance in the lens. This seems to be because of two factors:

1) The bulb emits light off to the side instead of towards the lens.
2) The emitted light is right on the edge of the socket opening due to the length of the bulb.

It would help the appearance if:
  • The length of the bulb was shorter such that the light output was more in the center of the bulb socket,
  • The bulb was redesigned so that the light emitted towards the lens,
  • There was a diffuser on the end of the current style bulb (similar to the HP3s and HP5s), and/or
  • There was more of a reflective surface behind the bulb.
A diffuser would probably help a lot, but it would probably require a redesign anyway because the current bulb's length just fits in the bulb socket opening (which is why the emitted light is on the edge).
The 74-bulb size is quite small, which doesn't allow much room for heatsink either. You can't utilize a high-powered LED on that base due to it's size.

We are developing more HP-series bulb models, but we have a few design challenges to overcome in the vanity light housing for the 2015 Mustang and similar locations.

For $10 retail, it's a nice change in color and a more modern appearance

We appreciate your feedback

Thanks!
Nick C.