Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Has ANYONE actually had this issue fixed? It looks like the majority of you go back and forth with your dealer, end up replacing the driveshaft only for the vibration to return after a few hundred miles.

My drivetrain starts to vibrate when I go over 70MPH and I'm fairly certain it's due to the driveshaft. I'd really prefer not having the dealer try out a bunch of "fixes" on my car. I'd prefer to bring it in once and have it fixed but I'm not even sure if Ford even has a working fix for this.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
All new usernames here, same problem. Did anyone get a prompt from the website about viewing a sticky about not just posting to bash the platform? I did. So now we are the lepers of the Mustang community.
Its fine to post about problems to help understand the scope of the problem and to help zero in on fixes. Don't worry about being an outcast or being sanctioned for that.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Ford just called and said they found two bad tires with the Road Force balance and I should have the car back in my hands tomorrow. We'll see.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Ford just called and said they found two bad tires with the Road Force balance and I should have the car back in my hands tomorrow. We'll see.
That was one of my diagnosis as well. Changed nothing.

YES, mine was fixed! For TWO days, then it came back. Now it's worse and getting worse. I have not seen one report of a fix, so I am very sorry to say, but you are ALL wasting your time. Some have reduced it with hose clamps and such, but I'm not going to modify a new car in warranty and don't even have a means to get under it. I wish it was as easy as trading in on a Camaro, but I don't really like the look, and I'm very thrifty, so an early trade in is not on my agenda.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
With mine i added a dynotech ds and it vibrated right off the bat. I flipped it 180 degrees and the vibes stopped. A few months later it came back so i changed my pinion angle by adding 1/4 shims to the crossmember and its back to normal, the vibes never came back. My stock ds didnt vibrate at all but i only had it on for 4k miles. It wasn't on the car long enough for it to start vibrating!

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
That was one of my diagnosis as well. Changed nothing.

YES, mine was fixed! For TWO days, then it came back. Now it's worse and getting worse. I have not seen one report of a fix, so I am very sorry to say, but you are ALL wasting your time. Some have reduced it with hose clamps and such, but I'm not going to modify a new car in warranty and don't even have a means to get under it. I wish it was as easy as trading in on a Camaro, but I don't really like the look, and I'm very thrifty, so an early trade in is not on my agenda.
I need to let them walk through their process. I really wonder if most of the S550's have this issue to some degree, but most drivers just don't notice or care.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
im going to bring the car into the dealer next week. Ill find a stock resonator to put in. Do i really need to take the ford performance stage 2 out too?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Received the car late yesterday afternoon from Ford and they replaced 2 "bad" tires that would not pass the road Force test. Overall car vibration is a little better because instead of two vibrations I now just has the drive shaft vibration. The work statement says that they "proved out" the Driveshaft and Drive line and found it "good". They also followed SSM #45938. I'll drive it for a while but will probably take it back in a couple of weeks, or maybe wait until it gets worse. They car has 2800 miles on it.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Mine goes back again on Monday

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
Hey guys. I have a 2017 mustang GT auto. I hit a pot hole and it dented the wheel so i took the car in to get it fixed and while i was there i told them that i hear a loud clunk shound when i shift from P to R or D and vice versa. Today i got a call from the dealership and they told me there is a TSB out for the driveshaft and they are replacing it...... I dont recall having vibration issues.... The car would vibrate slightly sometimes but i always assumed its the road, it wasnt a big deal. Do you guys know what is the tsb and what is it specific to?

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I don't know of any TSB, only SSM #45938. My auto also "clunks" when put in gear.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10