Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT Rear Clunk/Popping noise.....

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Is this in gear or clutch depressed? My driveline clunks and clacks from all the slack at slow speeds when shifting and turning, its pretty normal.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MustagaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is this in gear or clutch depressed? My driveline clunks and clacks from all the slack at slow speeds when shifting and turning, its pretty normal.

It's while in gear and pulling out.

So imagine you are pulling out and making a sharp right turn. In that slow speed that you are turning a pop occurs. You can only hear it while everything is silent inside the cabin. It definetly comes from the rear. Sometimes you can even feel a bit of the vibration on the floor from the pop. And it always only does it in very slow speed and when making a turn.

So is this normal then???

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Can't say I've ever had a pop then but sometimes on a slow turn under power my inner wheel will skip from the torsen and you can feel it.

OP
OP

MustagaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Can't say I've ever had a pop then but sometimes on a slow turn under power my inner wheel will skip from the torsen and you can feel it.
I think that's exactly what i feel too.

When giving gas and taking my foot of the cluth and making that sharp turn i get that pop which sounds a bit like when a tire is pinching small chip of rock. That's more or less how the pop sounds.

Uuuggghh.

Don't know if I'm being paranoid or what. Hope it's normal.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Yeah I think we are talking about the same thing. Pretty much everytime I back out of my driveway or parking spot if I takeoff in a turn it happens, just 1 quick skip. I have spoken to others that say theirs does it too. I am not too concerned.
Sponsored