Sponsored

[How To] Hardwire Thinkware F750 Dashcam in GT vert

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Has anyone got the advance features to work on the thinkware cams ? I have all of them turned on on my F800 but they do not seem to work none of them , lane departure, forward crash warning , parking mode , I used the same fuses that were in this post yellow wire to fuse 2 which in my book says its the merrier memory and the red wire to fuse 23 did I do something wrong. When I start the car it turns on the unit and it tells me that continues recording has started and that the gps is working so I think I did it right but no parking mode Help Please
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
No rear cam with the vert I have no idea as to where to place it or the wiring for it. I have the parking mode set to on and the voltage set to 12 volts so if the battery drops below 12 volts it should shut off , I also have it set to motion to do the recording so if no motion no recording, what do you have yours set at ? I will post pictures later as well. can you post pictures of your set up both front and rear please
will do at the weekend for you
But it was done for me when I got the car, and I told my importer what I wanted and he told his people and we got it done
Have not seem another vert with the rear camera
All I can say here is:
The cable just plugs into the front dash-cam, has a slot right next to the mains power slot.
my cable runs round the windscreen, hidden behind the rubber, then down round the back of the dash, under the carpets and up by the passenger back seat (drivers side on yours)
I have a clip on it, so when the roof is down it just clips onto the edge of the flat roof, but could not use it when the roof is up, so I decided that
When the roof is up, It just stands up straight, of course it's not perfect as you have to rotate the footage if you want to keep anything, but Windows Movie Maker makes it very easy. There is no other way I can do it, with the roof up, as there is nother for it to hold onto

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Got it all to work they don't use the same color combo with all of there set ups so you cant go by color in the steps

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I was having issues with parking mode after installing my F800pro. After probing at the fuses with the key on and off, I found that fuse #02 is actually to be used as the constant(red wire) and fuse #23 is for accessory(yellow wire).
I hope that helps out whoever is trying to enable parking mode.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I was having issues with parking mode after installing my F800pro. After probing at the fuses with the key on and off, I found that fuse #02 is actually to be used as the constant(red wire) and fuse #23 is for accessory(yellow wire).
I hope that helps out whoever is trying to enable parking mode.
I ordered a F800 Pro recently and from what you are saying, it is the reverse of OP's pic? OP's pic shows fuse 2 as yellow and fuse 23 as red. Or is the color of the wires specific for the dashcam OP is using?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
I ordered a F800 Pro recently and from what you are saying, it is the reverse of OP's pic? OP's pic shoes fuse 2 as yellow and fuse 23 as red. Or is the color of the wires specific for the dashcam OP is using?
Not sure if it’s specific for each model but what I have posted is for the F800 pro. Since you got the F800 pro, follow my recommendation and you’ll have parking mode working.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not sure if it’s specific for each model but what I have posted is for the F800 pro. Since you got the F800 pro, follow my recommendation and you’ll have parking mode working.
Cool, will update this thread with my success or not for those with the same setup lol. Thanks!

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Update on my Thinkware F800 Pro install. [MENTION=32670]Jolivar[/MENTION] was correct in which fuse to use for the constant and accessory. My hard wire kit requires both, so #02 was constant and #23 was accessory.

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
Update on my Thinkware F800 Pro install. [MENTION=32670]Jolivar[/MENTION] was correct in which fuse to use for the constant and accessory. My hard wire kit requires both, so #02 was constant and #23 was accessory.
Glad you got it all sorted out! Did you get a rear camera too? If so, where did you mount yours?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Glad you got it all sorted out! Did you get a rear camera too? If so, where did you mount yours?
I did, ended up just mounting it all the way at the top and centered. Nowhere else to really put it and I do see it in my rearview mirror now.
Sponsored