Sponsored

Fins w/ Fogs

Randuutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ford Mustang GT w/PP
I know there is a "love-hate" with some and the DRL's or fins. I honestly love them, especially when they are at their brightest. I've already modified my as-built data so my fogs don't turn off with my turn signals and high beams.

New goal is to be able to turn on the fog lamps without having to depend on the parklamps or headlamps being on. Hence the "fins with fogs" lol. That in combination with the HID fog's I've installed would look nice against the black on black I currently have running.

Does anyone know if a hard wire split from the fog lamp button to another power line is possible or does it have to go through the as-built data module.
If the split can work, any wire diagrams?
Thanks guys and gals :cheers:
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Mine is a canadian car and the fog lamps are on as daytime running lights. So basically my fogs are on all the time (except when signaling as you noted)

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
How can i modify my as built data??? I would like my tribar not to dim when i switch the front signals and fogs on, and also not to turn off when using the high beams

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
You need to use the forscan tool but I don't think it is trivial. I've never noticed any dimming of the gills before...

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Where cab i get the forscan tool?? If you switch from daylight running to the second setting (daylight with the front switchbacks on) the tribar dims quite a bit

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
You need to use the forscan tool but I don't think it is trivial. I've never noticed any dimming of the gills before...
The gills dim when the ambers are on.

I have mine set up to use the ambers/tails as DRLs so I'm always lit up (I drive my pickup the same way, but had to switch them on manually). As soon as the parking brake is off, the marker lights come on and the gills dim.
Sponsored