Thank To All Who Have Provided Info On Oil Pump Gears

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
For you guys that installed the opg/ts yourself, did you need a lift or jack stands to do it? Does the car need to be lifted at all for this install?
Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
For you guys that installed the opg/ts yourself, did you need a lift or jack stands to do it? Does the car need to be lifted at all for this install?
Car does not need to be lifted for these. We just did an OPG, Crank Sprocket, and Paxton install on my buddies car without lifting it.

For mine, I had lifted my car.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Question - as you remove the front timing cover, do the VCT solenoids stay installed in the timing cover or do they need to be removed?

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Question - as you remove the front timing cover, do the VCT solenoids stay installed in the timing cover or do they need to be removed?
Answered my own question, answer is NO.

Also worth noting, removal of the rear wiring harness attached to the valve covers is quite a pain in the @ss. I ended up pulling too hard on the driver side and tore the wire on the lower cam sensor, resulting in codes P0390 and P0394. Just an FYI in case someone else ends up in the same spot. Take your time and use a pin removal tool.

BoostedYote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am currently stuck on the inside take up bolt. Tried for 6 hours today. Going to hes defeated. Hopefully lowering the oil pan will help tomorrow. Thank you for the post
... its still helping out years later

Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Someone had suggested piercing the bolt through the end of a strip of electrical tape and using that to help turn the bolt and also recapture the bolt if dropped. I forgot where in the forums that info is at, but I bet you could search and find it.

It's been a while since I did my OPG install, but I think I used that trick to help out.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic