MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I haven't seen a write up on how to actually install the Boss 302 into the 2015+ mustang. I thought I would make a video showing the process and some stumbles across the way.

Hope this helps!!

[ame]
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Very nice. It was one of the most straight forward installs on this car once I wrapped my head around.

Edit, as I watch the vid.

I pulled my intake off with the rails and injectors still in place. I had to clip the dowel for the TB as well. I was dubious at first, but not issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Very nice. It was one of the most straight forward installs on this car once I wrapped my head around.
Yep, 100x easier than headers :) could knock this out in under an hour honestly now that I've done it once.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Edit, as I watch the vid.

I pulled my intake off with the rails and injectors still in place.
yeah should have done that but for some reason I thought I could get that out of the way first...not a good idea

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
So is this intake not worth in for a n/a set up? I'm guessing it wouldn't run correct at all without a tune since the imrc's are no longer here and working. Wondering how it would be for a n/a set up with just a good 93 tune with 3.31's

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
So is this intake not worth in for a n/a set up? I'm guessing it wouldn't run correct at all without a tune since the imrc's are no longer here and working. Wondering how it would be for a n/a set up with just a good 93 tune with 3.31's
The benefit is definitely there for NA folks. 20ish whp up top and it pulls much much harder up to 8k. That was verified by a friend of mine and a few other folks who have done the swap. In terms of Maf_in_lbm, a friend I was talking with this weekend that did the install went from 46 to 52. Nice increase in flow and he said it felt significantly better in the high rpm range while not losing much down low grunt.

Yes you have to tune for it to remove the IMRC and also to pick up the benefit of an extended RMP range.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Im about to tackle this job myself, great video. Did you ever end up doing anything else with the Hood Cuts?

The back IMRC Electric Clips just hang out in the back of the engine bay? Ever think about capping them off or anything?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Im about to tackle this job myself, great video. Did you ever end up doing anything else with the Hood Cuts?

The back IMRC Electric Clips just hang out in the back of the engine bay? Ever think about capping them off or anything?

I just zip tied mine to something.

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
Old thread but can I follow the video for a 2018 mustang gt? What would be different
Sponsored