Sat Nav Updates

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I've noticed recently that driving around the UK, that my Sat Nav quite often doesn't recognise the road I'm on:)

A few local examples are where roundabouts have been removed and replaced with traffic lights etc, but the Sat nav still shows it as a roundabout...

Some of these road changes occurred well over a year ago...

Anyone know if there is an update due...:shrug:
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I've noticed recently that driving around the UK, that my Sat Nav quite often doesn't recognise the road I'm on:)

A few local examples are where roundabouts have been removed and replaced with traffic lights etc, but the Sat nav still shows it as a roundabout...

Some of these road changes occurred well over a year ago...

Anyone know if there is an update due...:shrug:
Sync 3?
2.2 in the US- includes: Android Auto, Apple Carplay and is the latest update
I have 2.0 which includes: Android Auto, Apple Carplay and seems to find all the roads, in the wilds of Essex.
It seems that on the Euro maps, AA and AC is on the 2.0 where in the US its only on the 2.2

what version do you have?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sync 3?
2.2 in the US- includes: Android Auto, Apple Carplay
I have 2.0 which includes: Android Auto, Apple Carplay
It seems that on the Euro maps, AA and AC is on the 2.0 where in the US its only on the 2.2

what version do you have?
Hmm. Didn't realize apple car play would work in Sync 2. Did you do it yourself Larry? Might give it a go

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. Didn't realize apple car play would work in Sync 2. Did you do it yourself Larry? Might give it a go
That's version 2.0 of Sync 3.

Larry, me Kristian and Enoch are all on Sync 2 (currently for kritisian atleast).

Enoch, I have the same issue, a lot of actual roads just don't show up, sometimes it's because I'm zoomed out, others are just country roads it doesn't seem to appear on... I wonder if 'F6' sat nav card would fix it? :shrug:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Its always historically been the case that in car Sat Navs have been the poor cousin to a standalone unit (and more recently smartphones using Google Maps, Waze, etc), and they're hideously expensive to update.
Ford system uses mapping supplied by TomTom, my GO 6000 gets its maps updated every quarter (free) and its pretty much spot on where ever i go.
TomTom will provide the latest map to Ford but then its down to Ford how often they release a new SD card revision ... and because the prices for the upgraded cards are "from" £99 a shot they dont release updates that often, maybe once a year.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Its always historically been the case that in car Sat Navs have been the poor cousin to a standalone unit (and more recently smartphones using Google Maps, Waze, etc), and they're hideously expensive to update.
Ford system uses mapping supplied by TomTom, my GO 6000 gets its maps updated every quarter (free) and its pretty much spot on where ever i go.
TomTom will provide the latest map to Ford but then its down to Ford how often they release a new SD card revision ... and because the prices for the upgraded cards are "from" £99 a shot they dont release updates that often, maybe once a year.
F6 I believe is out now, but worth a look into, might ask my dealer about it when it goes in for service. next month.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Mmm interesting..

I'm Sync 2 with SD5 in the slot:)

Like others my Garmin, has lifetime updates, and has probably had 3 or 4 since I got the Mustang...

I quite like the Sync 2 sat nav, so I'm up for SD6 if it's available?? but not at£99 quid:crazy::crazy::(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mmm interesting..

I'm Sync 2 with SD5 in the slot:)

Like others my Garmin, has lifetime updates, and has probably had 3 or 4 since I got the Mustang...

I quite like the Sync 2 sat nav, so I'm up for SD6 if it's available?? but not at£99 quid:crazy::crazy::(
Will speak to my dealers, and see what they're saying. the road I take to work, isn't on my sat nav, and it's a fairly busy road. So i'll see.. F5 was the 2015 update, but looks like it's from 2005 :lol:

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
That's version 2.0 of Sync 3.

Larry, me Kristian and Enoch are all on Sync 2 (currently for kritisian atleast).

Enoch, I have the same issue, a lot of actual roads just don't show up, sometimes it's because I'm zoomed out, others are just country roads it doesn't seem to appear on... I wonder if 'F6' sat nav card would fix it? :shrug:
oops !
Ask in the US section, see if they have had any US updates?
My Tom Tom also has lifetime map updates, mind you still find the Ford one better, which has surprised me

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Never used the Ford one as it's takes too long to set up. Much prefer using waze. Especially when attending agents like I did last night where police were hiding every where !
I just wanted to ask Jimboy - how are you using Waze? Is it on your phone only or have I not found a trick to get it on the Sync screen?
Thanks!

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I've started using Waze too. It's good - particularly for transient hazards (police, small roadworks etc.) Nanny's a bit in that you can't enter a new location while moving though. I like that you can share your location with other Waze users.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I just wanted to ask Jimboy - how are you using Waze? Is it on your phone only or have I not found a trick to get it on the Sync screen?
Thanks!
I just use my phone. You can't put it on sync 2. I think wake are rolling out on to Apple car play tho for the sync 3 users.
Sponsored