OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
I seen a r stage 1 run 11.7 yesterday at capitol,not sure what his 1/8 was.Also seen the stage 2 go 11.0 at the track.Dont sleep on these cars,if again IF the guy can drive these cars are damm quick.
It's going to be very close then because my car should be high 11s in the quarter.

He has told me he has less than 400 to the wheels mine should be around 410-415 after the headers.. but his car is about 400 pds lighter which is why I considered removing the rear seats
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd let him win the first one - make it close but let him win. Then he has his confidence up, when you go the second round, do a mean nasty crazy loud burnout. Scare him a little. Then... launch perfectly and get gone. May need a little V8 intimidation factor throw him off his game a little. :)
Haha that's a pretty good idea. Thing is, I don't want him to beat me at all. He has told everyone he gapped me in Mexico when I never gained traction or got past second gear so it's a little personal at this point.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
You're gonna lose I've seen these cars beat hellcats, by the car Time the hellcat caught up it was already either at the 1320 mark or passed it. Well this is a drag strip race, 1/8 favors him. Best launch wins.

Get it on video but if it you have time get more mods, Grip and power.

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got headers on the way can't afford anything else at the moment

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might can manage some vertical links

Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
The other absolutely raped me on a road course... absolutely shamed me into oblivion. My jaw dropped as he blew by me. That one was a Stage 3 APR car driven by an "I was novice 20 years ago" grade of driver. I could not believe how fast he went by me. I actually almost wanted one after that... almost.
With stage 3 APR they are absolutely WILD. I've tried one in my mazdaspeed3 and was very surprised. I almost wanted one too but then remembered it's a VW and probably gets a CEL at least once a week. Worst experience ever with my old Jetta and my buddy has had 3 different VW and there's ALWAYS a sensor or something throwing a CEL.

He has told me he has less than 400 to the wheels mine should be around 410-415 after the headers.. but his car is about 400 pds lighter which is why I considered removing the rear seats
Why would he say less than 400 to the wheels? A stage 1 tune puts them at like 370bhp so he would be WELL under 400 to the wheels.

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With stage 3 APR they are absolutely WILD. I've tried one in my mazdaspeed3 and was very surprised. I almost wanted one too but then remembered it's a VW and probably gets a CEL at least once a week. Worst experience ever with my old Jetta and my buddy has had 3 different VW and there's ALWAYS a sensor or something throwing a CEL.

Why would he say less than 400 to the wheels? A stage 1 tune puts them at like 370bhp so he would be WELL under 400 to the wheels.
He also has a diverter valve and exhaust, im just going by what he told me

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
He also has a diverter valve and exhaust, im just going by what he told me
I think he is setting u up bud,be carefull,if he pulled on u on a roll its going to be worse from a dig.

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think he is setting u up bud,be carefull,if he pulled on u on a roll its going to be worse from a dig.
Could be. I don't think he's never dyno'd the car though. He said he has never ran on the track before so maybe my experience will help me out

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Could be. I don't think he's never dyno'd the car though. He said he has never ran on the track before so maybe my experience will help me out
If thats true and he has not ran on the track u need to tree the hell out of him.Make up for that awd launch he has.If u tree him good u have a real good chance.

Sponsored

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Lemme know when the race goes down! You need the flex fuel tune and make sure you are at 1/8 tank on fuel. Who's installing the headers?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Lemme know when the race goes down! You need the flex fuel tune and make sure you are at 1/8 tank on fuel. Who's installing the headers?
Might as well add a drivers diet into the equation :D Only eat raw vegetables and drink low fat low carb low sugar protein shake till the race day with proper cardio!! :D