Sponsored

Dyno results are in

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Lack of faith?! Pssshhh you wanted me to take it on race mode!!! That's total faith ;)! Car wasn't stock, but engine wise it was IIRC, Not sure if you had the DS tune on it, or it was prior to that (think it was prior and u just had suspension goodies, with some appearance mods)

[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] lol ;)! The girl in the other video has a faster car tan gibbo too ;)!

Yeah was the suspension goodies, had not tried tunes at that stage. But yeah my car felt scary fast with you driving. ;)
I did:
SCT: 435HP
JDM: 440HP (110mph quarter mile)
PMAS/JDM: 448BHP
PMAS/LUND custom: 472HP (114mph quarter mile)
GT 350 kit stock TB: 485-495HP
GT 350 kit 350 TB: 495-505HP

That girl in the video has two blower, I think she has a faster car than most here, she might even go mac chasing if she turns the boost up on those twinnies. :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Well 112mph says it all and on the day I managed as high as 114mph. Be interesting where its at now with a further 50HP and the weight reduction. :)
:D
I think you'll find the word WINNER at the bottom says it all:lol::lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah was the suspension goodies, had not tried tunes at that stage. But yeah my car felt scary fast with you driving. ;)
I did:
SCT: 435HP
JDM: 440HP (110mph quarter mile)
PMAS/JDM: 448BHP
PMAS/LUND custom: 472HP (114mph quarter mile)
GT 350 kit stock TB: 485-495HP
GT 350 kit 350 TB: 495-505HP

That girl in the video has two blower, I think she has a faster car than most here, she might even go mac chasing if she turns the boost up on those twinnies. :D
I'm a driving god (Or just a nutter with a heavy foot...) what can I say :thumbsup::lol:

Would be fun to have a proper strip again, and me not miss it this time :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you'll find the word WINNER at the bottom says it all:lol::lol:

Haha true, but all down to not being able to get on the power and stay in the power, be a different story if I could of stayed in the power off the line, especially as it was reeling you in once I could stay WOT, be interesting to see how car copes next time it hits quarter mile. But on that day I never once achieved 0-60 in sub 6s. Practice will sort it, just wish drag strip was well like a road with none of that sticky shit down, no issue with launching on road and it was not just me, Guy and Mac could not launch either, wheel hop scarily violent, advantage of torque converter it blends the power and is smoother, they launch easier.

On the road on a roll and its extremely quick, but drag strip will have to go back and practice, or just stick someone else in the car haha. :D

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha!

Serious question, now I got adjustable shocks, I know in the past you've done drag racing in TVRs and the like so assuming at some point in your life you had adjustable shocks.

My assumption is the front-end needs to be loose/soft on rebound to allow the front-end to rise easily and the compression should be tight/hard so the front-end drops back down slow. If this is correct I should set the front rebound pretty damn soft in comparison the compression should be set pretty stiff so the front-end comes down slower. Is that correct?

The rear I am assuming it should just be stiff on both compression and still on rebound too so that wheel hop is kept in check keeping the rears planted, but not overly stiff to just cause wheel spin when tyres get shocked?

I know if I can hook up and get full power in 1st gear and well do a sub 5s to 60mph will give me a 2.1s or less 60ft which is what I need to break in to 12s, I know its more driver MOD, but dampers will help and if the Americans can launch manuals sub 2s on MPSS to 60ft, some are sub 1.7s 60ft on MPSS then I know I can with practice along with getting tyre pressure/dampers correctly set and this time keep car full weight and full tank of fuel as weight in the rear will aid off the line and also help stop any hop. :)

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
To be honest I could never be arsed with adjustable suspension on any of my cars....tried it once on one of my TVR's but soon went back to the old blisteins:D..

As for set up for drag racing, I'd suggest that if you swap your description above from front to back, you'll get a better launch:D

I.e. Rear needs to be soft with a higher ride height than you'd use on the road..
So that when you launch the weight transfer forces the back end to squat hard and dig in..:thumbsup:

As for the front, I don't think it matters that much, so I wouldn't bother adjusting it....:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest I could never be arsed with adjustable suspension on any of my cars....tried it once on one of my TVR's but soon went back to the old blisteins:D..

As for set up for drag racing, I'd suggest that if you swap your description above from front to back, you'll get a better launch:D

I.e. Rear needs to be soft with a higher ride height than you'd use on the road..
So that when you launch the weight transfer forces the back end to squat hard and dig in..:thumbsup:

As for the front, I don't think it matters that much, so I wouldn't bother adjusting it....:thumbsup:

Ride heights will be set for road and then left, not messing with those. :D

Will just play with adjusters, but as of now on road really like the way it rides, once I push it to grip limits and drive it hard will know what to change if anything.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I'll just leave my untuned vs Gibbos tune result here:D

0.88sec reaction time? Did you forget you were racing and doze off :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Timers do not start until you break the beam, so a lot of the time at quarter miles people launch when they are ready, but hey maybe he also dozed off, he was trying to give me a chance to stop wheel hopping. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
There was no rush...... I knew I had it in the bag:D:thumbsup:

PS that wasn't my fastest time.....I did a 13.1 later in the day..:)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I sense a rematch coming on....

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was no rush...... I knew I had it in the bag:D:thumbsup:

PS that wasn't my fastest time.....I did a 13.1 later in the day..:)

I could swear as well on your faster 13.1 you also had a 109mph too. :)

I think they say for every 10HP, is close to 1mph more terminal speed and also reduction in ET. If the theory holds true then a perfect launch and staying flat the whole run should see you around 12.6-12.8@113-114mph. :)
It held true for me as on SCT/JDM map, I cannot remember which one it was but I hit 110-111mph terminal (440HP), then on PMAS/Lund which made 30HP more my terminal increased too 113-114mph (470HP), which helps confirm the dyno results as terminal is a proven measure of car horsepower and what the car could do if the run went perfect ET wise. :)

If all goes perfect! The auto makes it easy but its still not a walk in the park as you need found out when the wall jumped out at you. :D

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
107 mph:).... and yes wallgate did spook me a bit:(

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
cough..... looks for local track.... :amen:

By the way did we mention the Steeda driving day?

A perfect opportunity to trade smack talk and put down some times against each other in a friendly and risk free environment (as much as fast car driving can be risk free)

Book your slot here https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-driving-experience-speed-matters-c2x22382833 and then start working on your : Driving / excuses / challenges

:thumbsup::cheers:
Sponsored