It's getting closer... :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Once the car arrives....visit the dealer, and take the number plate holders from the boot, and take em home with you:)
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, busted - of course I was excited! It feels like I can let it out of the bag now though!!

On the plate, that was pretty much what I decided - is the 3M tape easy to get off when the time comes?

Don't know what you mean on the tax - the government wouldn't respond to a populist media invented story to the detriment of a segment of societ.... oh. Nuts.

Ok, so 14 hours lapping the M25 it is to get the running in over and done with! ;)
Tapes a doddle, i jetwashed it off then used some of that 3M stuff to remove the sticky bits.

Wooo M25 1k cruise time ;)!

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Once the car arrives....visit the dealer, and take the number plate holders from the boot, and take em home with you:)
Do this! An Ali plate is best for the front as you'll need to put a slight bend in it otherwise it'll pull itself off over time..... :)

As for run in I drove 50 miles to my brothers, bedded in the brakes on the way and that was it.

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Hahaha! Ok, maybe 14 hours over a weekend night then! :)

Good idea to take the plate holders away - remove the chance for being ignored.... [MENTION=21724]Tacklebury[/MENTION] - where did you get your Ali plate from?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Ta [MENTION=25127]Spider[/MENTION], will have a look at them :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I guess I'm really lucky with my dealer, Andrew at Bristol Street Gloucester, he has stated that I will be invited in as soon as my RS and GT arrive. Then I can remove stickers etc to keep, tell them what needs to stay on and what they need to leave. TBH I'd like to drive the car home as it came off the transporter.

As for running in, I will be driving up and down dale using all the gears for the first 300 miles, staying below 3000rpm, then steadily raising my rev limit into around 1200 to 1500 miles and then, after an oil change, going hell for leather.

I really hope this all goes well for you and the experience is enjoyable.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm really lucky with my dealer, Andrew at Bristol Street Gloucester, he has stated that I will be invited in as soon as my RS and GT arrive. Then I can remove stickers etc to keep, tell them what needs to stay on and what they need to leave. TBH I'd like to drive the car home as it came off the transporter.

As for running in, I will be driving up and down dale using all the gears for the first 300 miles, staying below 3000rpm, then steadily raising my rev limit into around 1200 to 1500 miles and then, after an oil change, going hell for leather.

I really hope this all goes well for you and the experience is enjoyable.
Sounds a sick dealer tbh, not many allowing that sorta thing... Or, they say it then some tw@t does it anyway :lol:

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Sounds a sick dealer tbh, not many allowing that sorta thing... Or, they say it then some tw@t does it anyway :lol:
As the old saying goes, "the proof is in the pudding". Let's see how things go with the RS, then we'll go from there.

If they drill the Mustang bumpers I'll reject the car!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As the old saying goes, "the proof is in the pudding". Let's see how things go with the RS, then we'll go from there.

Or just demand a new bumper ;) :thumbsup:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Being picky, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. ;)
As in "the proof of the dealer is in the drilling, or not drilling"

I'll get my coat :bolt:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase