ZL1 1LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
Ford has definitely been lackingin their response. On top of that, Chevy guys are able to get good deals on the more premium model (ZL1) while Ford guys have to be happy with MSRP on the GT350 as long as you buy out of state. I bet the ZL1 1LE will be more attainable than the GT350R.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Meanwhile Ford Performance:
Now that is funny and sad, all at the same time. Ohhh, but we have a hybrid Mustang coming, Jesus, that makes me yawn so hard I almost swallow my tongue. This is getting worse than the Probe debacle.

What are you going to do, release a Bullet with 10 more horsepower? Yeah that's the trick. Oh yeah, maybe next year you'll tell us how much horsepower the regular GT will have.

What the hell has happened to my Ford? Turbo the 350, NOW!!!! Show some damn competitiveness, you knew Chevy was going to do this. You're acting like Hillary won the election and we are all tree hugging greenie drones. You're hanging by a thread here, in your most rabid customers eyes. I've bought Mustangs my whole life, now I'm starting to think I need a change.

And don't say Ford GT. Hell, nobody can afford it and you wont make enough anyway. What are you going to do, only make collectables for your dwindling customers to fight over? A car becomes a collectable, its not born one.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Do tell? Seriously?
As a die hard ford guy ford is lacking big time.
They have nothing to counter punch with.
Chevy Zl1
Dodge Demon
Ford crickets

I'm anxious to see what Ford Performance come up with next as much as anybody. However, the new 6th Gen Camaro debuted for the '17MY, and their halo ZL1/ZL1 1LE (the latter is a bit of a mouthful!) debuted for '18MY.......the refreshed 6th Gen Mustang debuted for the '18MY, so I'd expect their next halo car to debut for the '19MY. I strongly suspect whatever the new halo-Stang is, will utilise the new tech featured on the '18MY Coyote.......using forced induction on either that 5.0, or a 5.2 version of it.

It hurts....but we need to be patient.

I don't really think the Challenger Demon will be a direct competitor to either the next Halo-Stang or ZL1.....it appears it'll be a one dimentional straight line performer. However, Chevy have laid their cards on the table, and Dodge will do the same in April at the New York show............so, now might be time for Ford Performance to at least confirm a new Halo-Stang is coming but showing us a very early pre-production model. At least then potential customers will know whether they should wait, or take advantage of the Chevy or Dodge.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
It needs to be fast to outrun all of that ugly.
yea the car looks like shit,but so do Garbage Motor cars and trucks anyway,but it will be fast.they lost the N/A fight with FORD,the GT350 killed off the z28,now they have thrown all that they have into the ugly ass zl1.:lol:
:cheers:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Ford has definitely been lackingin their response. On top of that, Chevy guys are able to get good deals on the more premium model (ZL1) while Ford guys have to be happy with MSRP on the GT350 as long as you buy out of state. I bet the ZL1 1LE will be more attainable than the GT350R.
MSRP or higher is a dealer/buyer issue, not a Ford issue. GM fans are able to buy ZL1's at MSRP or less because the demand for them is not there. There will be a premium put on this ZL1/1LE, at least initially, but how attainable it will become depends on if buyers want it.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You must have hit your head or are drunk possibly both?
I want it to be clear that I "VOODOOO" spelled with 3 o's didn't thank this.
becsuse this and all other camaros are butt ass ugly.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I love how GM keeps talking about the "flow tie" and how it's blacked out. I also love the fact that I can now finally iron my cloths on the rear spoiler of the car. That ironing board is so convenient! What a great option.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The ZL1 was NEVER designed to run on the 285/305's nor are the brake adequate.

These were the tires that were originally designed for the ZL1...
We reported a while back when the z28 program passed away. It was due to very poor sales and a very poor sales rate for the last z28.

This was suppose to be the z28... but in reality, it's only good enough for the ZL1 to begin with. The 2017 ZL1 was neutered and these are the parts that were cut off...

Good to see the Camaro is so predictable.
I think the person who is predicable is you. The ZL1 without the 1LE is already faster than an R. And this package is easily faster than the regular Z. You sir, are ridiculous.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
What are your thoughts of a 650hp R vs the zl1 1le?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
What are your thoughts of a 650hp R vs the zl1 1le?
That would be epic. But They would probably have to go FI, and we all know the weight that adds. Hypotheticals are a slippery slope. We need to just argue stock to stock. Anything else is just silly.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
That would be epic. But They would probably have to go FI, and we all know the weight that adds. Hypotheticals are a slippery slope. We need to just argue stock to stock. Anything else is just silly.
I'm saying if the r came stock with 650 as it is now nothing else on the car changed except it has 650hp.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I've had more GM cars than I did Fords, and loved my two Pontiac Firebird's ('81 & '77), so I'm not a GM hater. But holy sh*t that spoiler looks like it belongs on a ricer Civic or Accord. The GM dealership near me has a sh*t load of new, year or two old leftover Camaro's still protecting their blacktop with shade. Hopefully for them this won't be another blacktop protector for their lots.

Scruffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
GT350 Price

To say that MSRP or higher for the GT350's is strictly a dealer/buyer issue, not a Ford issue, is incorrect. There are two parts to this equation supply and demand. Ford limits the supply of GT350's and the price at the dealer goes up. Demand is high and supply is low. Yes, dealers have the option of selling lower, but they don't have to because there aren't enough cars to sell. I've read all the debates about suppliers, parts, etc. Ford is making these cars exclusive. A company that size can certainly figure out how to make more, but they intentionally don't. On the street I can buy a C7 Z51 for less than a GT350 because the C7 is available and the 350 is not. Also, in equal hands, the Z51 is faster.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.