Sponsored

Ford dealers now selling Eibach Pro springs for €172!!!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Nice find!

Tell them Bill from CJ says you can do it between 2 and 3h :lol:

If you go somewhere else, might wanna check they can do realignment as well!
Yup, alignment is being done by the same place, and have ordered the Eibach adjustable camber bolts too.
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
If you'd really be worried about that, I'm waiting on prices of H&R products (springs, spacers, coilovers, ...) for our cars with TUV and Goca (Belgian annual car control) approval. Should get them soon, but note it obvioulsy will never be as cheap as these cause of the approval documents :)
So if my dealer (as an authorized FR dealer/re-seller) installs these Eibach pro springs I wont pas the TUV/Goca check? Or you talking about the sport-line as well? thx

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You can always have a re-alignment done somewhere else. It's actually recommended to drive for one or two days after lowering first so the springs can settle before doing an alignment.

I would advise to install front camber plates at the same time. It's basically impossible to set correct and equal front camber without them unless you're really lucky and it pans out by accident. My car for example has a 1 degree difference left and right since I lowered it.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
You can always have a re-alignment done somewhere else. It's actually recommended to drive for one or two days after lowering first so the springs can settle before doing an alignment.

I would advise to install front camber plates at the same time. It's basically impossible to set correct and equal front camber without them unless you're really lucky and it pans out by accident. My car for example has a 1 degree difference left and right since I lowered it.
Any favorite camber plates? There's a bunch on the market already, difficult to choose if you ask me, same goes for upgrading the sway bars... I have no idea what the difference is between the steeda's or RTR etc. apart from the color.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Sent a. Email to my dealer today. No answer sofar. I guess numbers are hard.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Any favorite camber plates? There's a bunch on the market already, difficult to choose if you ask me
I have a set of Steeda's that I brought home from my trip to the US. Still need to get them installed though. You can't go wrong with Steeda, top notch quality when it comes to suspension components.

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Nice find!

Tell them Bill from CJ says you can do it between 2 and 3h :lol:

I had it done at a professional tyre center, specialized in lowering cars... They also said 2 to 3 hours work. But it actually took them a good 5 hours to do it. Apparently not as easy as anticipated with a Mustang. :doh:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
So if my dealer (as an authorized FR dealer/re-seller) installs these Eibach pro springs I wont pas the TUV/Goca check? Or you talking about the sport-line as well? thx
To be honest, I still have to go check what exactly the rules are on lowering and how they check for it. It just might be they will never notice if you don't overdo it and you're good with any brand. But if you would be worried and don't want to change springs, etc for the control in case it would be necessary, having a Goca approved set will give you 100% guaranteed certainty.

Personally I wouldn't worry to much about it though, but once I know what's what I'll update the annual control thread with the info!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Sounds about right for any car actually! Either way, new windscreen should be free through your insurance ;)
Oh no! Language barrier! Not talking about the front window (windscreen) but that flimsy popup thing you put behind the front seats in a convertible to reduce turbulence when the roof is down :D

I'm pretty sure the clear acrylic thing with colour leds and engravings were cheaper :)

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Oh no! Language barrier! Not talking about the front window (windscreen) but that flimsy popup thing you put behind the front seats in a convertible to reduce turbulence when the roof is down :D

I'm pretty sure the clear acrylic thing with colour leds and engravings were cheaper :)

Hehe....you mean Wind deflector I think ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Sent a. Email to my dealer today. No answer sofar. I guess numbers are hard.
Quite a few folks in the UK have now ordered via dealers, and as long as mine in Roermond wasn't telling lies, they should be delivered tomorrow.

When I pick them up I'll see if they can raise an EcoBoost part number.

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Quite a few folks in the UK have now ordered via dealers, and as long as mine in Roermond wasn't telling lies, they should be delivered tomorrow.

When I pick them up I'll see if they can raise an EcoBoost part number.
Looking forward for that!:cheers:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hehe....you mean Wind deflector I think ;)
Yup, in Norwegian it's vindskjerm which is windshield, so the leap to windscreen wasn't too far away :D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
To be honest, I still have to go check what exactly the rules are on lowering and how they check for it. It just might be they will never notice if you don't overdo it and you're good with any brand. But if you would be worried and don't want to change springs, etc for the control in case it would be necessary, having a Goca approved set will give you 100% guaranteed certainty.

Personally I wouldn't worry to much about it though, but once I know what's what I'll update the annual control thread with the info!
Just found out that after lowering you need to get a tuning rapport, with 2 documents, validation rapport and modification rapport (montage attest)
The norm seems to be 11 cm from the ground to the lowest point of the car, the bar they use to measure it is 9 cm so you get a margin of 2 cm.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Very good news
Good news
News
Bad news

Very good news is..... they exist! And they are cheaper than what Ford quoted @ €154.80

Good news is.... they are TuV approved and come with a certificate!

News is.... they dont come with the replacement dust guards or bump stops like the stand alone Eibach sets do

Bad news is.... they arent making or selling them (YET) for the EcoBoost. They are GT only.

Sponsored