Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
niiice 0.5 mile a way and £82 off :D

What do you do with your old P Zero's, seems a waste to dispose of them after only 3k miles ?

Sponsored

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Sell them to cheapos like me who have a tyre bulge but can't quite afford to upgrade to MPSS for a few months :)

What do you do with your old P Zero's, seems a waste to dispose of them after only 3k miles ?

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Tyre Leaders (Gibbo's suggestion) still have a few, but going fast.

I'm going to stick my P Zeros on ebay.. Somebody will want them.
IMG_0346.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Put them in ur boot, or bin bags on the back seat with them in, take them home and store them for summer or for track days etc etc. :thumbsup:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't that when you'd want the most grip?
Pzeros have good grip when they're warm and in the summer, they're just absolutley SHITE in the rain, grease, infact, anything other than optimal temps they're shocking.

Most track days you'd do on a warm/dry day, so it doesn't really matter whether you go MPSS or PZ

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Pzeros have good grip when they're warm and in the summer, they're just absolutley SHITE in the rain, grease, infact, anything other than optimal temps they're shocking.

Most track days you'd do on a warm/dry day, so it doesn't really matter whether you go MPSS or PZ

Ah the boy with zero track experience. Yes the Pzero is far more predictable when warm, but absolute outright grip on track they still suck pretty hard. MPSS will see you going 1-2s a lap quicker on a warm track day than you would on Pzero, not only that the MPSS excel on track for longevity, on track you will get 3x the distance, and this is not myth, I know I did it in the 911.

Pzero did 2-3 track days before shot, MPSS I achieved 10 track days and 10,000 road miles in the 911 before the rears needed replacing and the fronts had heat cycled too many times. The MPSS also gave me a 2s per lap reduction and greatly helped with reducing understeer.

I then moved to Michelin cups which were superb, even in wet and took me faster. I then tried Pirelli Corsa track tyre, which on a hot dry day were even better and faster than the Michelin cup tyre, but shockingly aweful in the wet and cold, so it is obviously an inherent problem Pirelli have is that they suck at making tyres that give good handling dynamics and performance in cold/wet weather.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ah the boy with zero track experience. Yes the Pzero is far more predictable when warm, but absolute outright grip on track they still suck pretty hard. MPSS will see you going 1-2s a lap quicker on a warm track day than you would on Pzero, not only that the MPSS excel on track for longevity, on track you will get 3x the distance, and this is not myth, I know I did it in the 911.

Pzero did 2-3 track days before shot, MPSS I achieved 10 track days and 10,000 road miles in the 911 before the rears needed replacing and the fronts had heat cycled too many times. The MPSS also gave me a 2s per lap reduction and greatly helped with reducing understeer.

I then moved to Michelin cups which were superb, even in wet and took me faster. I then tried Pirelli Corsa track tyre, which on a hot dry day were even better and faster than the Michelin cup tyre, but shockingly aweful in the wet and cold, so it is obviously an inherent problem Pirelli have is that they suck at making tyres that give good handling dynamics and performance in cold/wet weather.
Not quite zero though is it Mr Fastest Car.

Anyway I'd rather run my Pzeros out on a track day than my MPSS's.

[MENTION=24176]christianUK[/MENTION] above is the 'Pro track drivers' take on the tyres ;)

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
with Asda do you have to choose a fitters? The one's near me are McConechy's - I would rather gouge my tadger off with a wooden spoon than use those crooks.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not quite zero though is it Mr Fastest Car.

Anyway I'd rather run my Pzeros out on a track day than my MPSS's.

[MENTION=24176]christianUK[/MENTION] above is the 'Pro track drivers' take on the tyres ;)
I'd only run the Pzero's if they were spare and I wanted to be a hooligan and have some fun, as track days are mainly about fun and not lap times. :)

But rest assured the MPSS are quicker and a car simply drives nicer on them, more progression and better subjective feedback which on track is really important.

OP
OP

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power

Two words

Line lock :headbang:

done 10k miles on my p zero's

Front tyres 6mm + left

rear tyres less than 2mm

Rear wheel drive gives the rear tyres a good pasting,

having my rear Michelin super sports fitted on Friday,
as @Mandersmustang said p zero's good in the dry and summer,
awful in wet and winter,

Michelin SS good all year round :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'd only run the Pzero's if they were spare and I wanted to be a hooligan and have some fun, as track days are mainly about fun and not lap times. :)

But rest assured the MPSS are quicker and a car simply drives nicer on them, more progression and better subjective feedback which on track is really important.
No doubt they're quicker, the grip on them is something else, even I can attest to that, my point was more, may as well run them out on a track, get some hard driving in, learn some stuff about the car, line lock etc - use them for that, rather than chucking them away, and when the time innevitably comes, having to use the MPSS's to do it on. :lol: .

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
A range of views - That's the joy of this forum... but at least we're all polite to each other.

For me P zeros will just be clutter and I likely wouldn't store them properly so fleabay it is. I do want to go around a track, but probably quite slowly. I still have nightmares about the carousel from when I took my motorbike round the Nurburgring, so every bit of cornering grip helps.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A range of views - That's the joy of this forum... but at least we're all polite to each other.

For me P zeros will just be clutter and I likely wouldn't store them properly so fleabay it is. I do want to go around a track, but probably quite slowly. I still have nightmares about the carousel from when I took my motorbike round the Nurburgring, so every bit of cornering grip helps.
Haha, I went round silverstone in the pissing rain first time driving the 2.3 in England, Had a right field day spinning out. To be fair to the tyres, they were fine in the summer, for road use, Gibbo pushes his cars as if he was pushinghis arch nemesis off a cliff, lol.

They should be fine around a dry track, the inner 'stinge' in me would say keep yours and run them out, learn to drift or track it a little with an instructor, would help I guess! But, can always try flog them, [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] flogged his, and got £25 a corner. :lol:
Sponsored