M6G Youtube Video Thread!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Really enjoyed those...:) seen the IOM one before, looked a great event:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Afdyce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT auto
We travelled round in a group for six years dragging wives and children with us! We had loads of fun and I look back on those years with great fondness.

Glad to say I am still in touch with everyone even though we have all "retired" from active competition now. The older we get the faster we were! :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[ame]

Drove my dream car, unfortunately it lived upto and beyond expectations. Oh my I want one so bad, what a bloody brilliant machine!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Favourite bits "Brake brake brake brake brake" - Gibbo looks determined not to brake ;)!

Nice video, watched the whole thing! Definitely the fastest out there in them 10 minutes some of those people looked slow as shit lol!

Glad you achieved a dream of yours man, could see it on your face at the end how much you loved it (After the determination focused gibbo track face went)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Favourite bits "Brake brake brake brake brake" - Gibbo looks determined not to brake ;)!

Nice video, watched the whole thing! Definitely the fastest out there in them 10 minutes some of those people looked slow as shit lol!

Glad you achieved a dream of yours man, could see it on your face at the end how much you loved it (After the determination focused gibbo track face went)

Can't explain how good that car felt to drive and how solid it was put together, Porsche really do know how to make a race car that can also be driven as a daily in comfort. Hitting the curbs in the firmest suspension setting and the dampers soaked it all up and the tyres remained in contact with the pavement no matter what.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Can't explain how good that car felt to drive and how solid it was put together, Porsche really do know how to make a race car that can also be driven as a daily in comfort. Hitting the curbs in the firmest suspension setting and the dampers soaked it all up and the tyres remained in contact with the pavement no matter what.
Yeah looked tight - apart from the bits where you lost it ;)! :thumbsup:!

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Drove my dream car, unfortunately it lived upto and beyond expectations. Oh my I want one so bad, what a bloody brilliant machine!
I drove the GT3 there also. Drove a GTR and 458 on the same day.

Going in the GT3 was not my dream car... far from it. But after driving it that quickly changed. I completely agree that it is a feeling that can not be explained. Everything about the handling is unbelievable. You feel so connected to the car and the road. I only did 5 laps, I have never felt so confident driving something so quickly.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah looked tight - apart from the bits where you lost it ;)! :thumbsup:!
Ah come losing it is spinning off or crashing, I out braked myself but knew what to do and just let the car run a little bit wider and kept it on the track,

A noob would have spun as they would have applied more steering lock, I just ran wide on purpose to collect it up myself to not trouble the cars electronics or risk a spin. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove the GT3 there also. Drove a GTR and 458 on the same day.

Going in the GT3 was not my dream car... far from it. But after driving it that quickly changed. I completely agree that it is a feeling that can not be explained. Everything about the handling is unbelievable. You feel so connected to the car and the road. I only did 5 laps, I have never felt so confident driving something so quickly.

Yeah I really wanted to do 458 but it quickly gets very expensive for what is just minutes. I went 911 simply because I've being fortunate enough to drive a lot of nice stuff and like you say the 911 is a lot more than the sum of its parts.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ah come losing it is spinning off or crashing, I out braked myself but knew what to do and just let the car run a little bit wider and kept it on the track,

A noob would have spun as they would have applied more steering lock, I just ran wide on purpose to collect it up myself to not trouble the cars electronics or risk a spin. :)
Yeah, yeah, so you say ;)! :lol::lol:

Sponsored

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Yeah I really wanted to do 458 but it quickly gets very expensive for what is just minutes. I went 911 simply because I've being fortunate enough to drive a lot of nice stuff and like you say the 911 is a lot more than the sum of its parts.
The cost definitely added up quick.. But I figured I wouldn't have another opportunity to compare these kinds of cars on a race track any other time. I had never driven a proper supercar before this.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cost definitely added up quick.. But I figured I wouldn't have another opportunity to compare these kinds of cars on a race track any other time. I had never driven a proper supercar before this.
The instructor did say I had chosen the best car, not just because it is the quickest of the street cars but because they are so nice to drive and well put together. He said the only better car on the track was the 458 GT race car and recommended should I go again its well worth it but did agree that on that track where all the corners are relatively low speed the 911 was a good choice as the GT cars are more about aero-dynamics and slick tyres, neither of which work that well on that track and whilst tyres are cold.

I generally go every year, so might give the 458 GT a whirl next year, but right now I am seriously considering moving back to a 911 in the next year or two for sure. Ideally want a GT3 though and at 120k I need to do some saving, a 991 C4S would be nice and those are around 70k so could stretch that but they are like 400BHP, so only a little quicker than my Mustang if at all so I'd probably get bored of the power and more horses on Porsches do not come easy or cheaply like they do on the Pony car. :)

jasonlycett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f typ V8S, Ford GT40 (Superformance)
Love the GT40 vids, you can keep your 911's !!

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
The instructor did say I had chosen the best car, not just because it is the quickest of the street cars but because they are so nice to drive and well put together. He said the only better car on the track was the 458 GT race car and recommended should I go again its well worth it but did agree that on that track where all the corners are relatively low speed the 911 was a good choice as the GT cars are more about aero-dynamics and slick tyres, neither of which work that well on that track and whilst tyres are cold.

I generally go every year, so might give the 458 GT a whirl next year, but right now I am seriously considering moving back to a 911 in the next year or two for sure. Ideally want a GT3 though and at 120k I need to do some saving, a 991 C4S would be nice and those are around 70k so could stretch that but they are like 400BHP, so only a little quicker than my Mustang if at all so I'd probably get bored of the power and more horses on Porsches do not come easy or cheaply like they do on the Pony car. :)
The 458 GT would be insane... But without a high speed track and some experience driving something of that calibre I think it would be difficult to appreciate.

120k for a GT3? Consider yourself lucky... In Australia you are looking at $400k AUD for a base GT3 on road... Not something I am likely to have in my lifetime.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drive careful they say! :D

[ame]

I left the SMG in auto which killed the fun initially as it up-changed to 2nd. Also found a country road on the way to work, abandoned and slushed, so I had great enjoyment drifting from side to side on my way up the hill at some speed. Gotta love winter, though I did not love it first thing, could not get out my street this morning due to the thick snow.
Sponsored