Sponsored

Annual Control: to mod or not to mod?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Sidemarkers: Hm... I couldn't say. Colorblind :D (honestly) But you know what, I've got them ordered and I'm going for smoked as well on mine. So I'll go check if those would be good for the inspection after I installed them :)

Tires: to many options :frusty: 285/35R19 could work though. Would fit many many wheels (not the stock 9" EB wheels though), is close to 275 and is only 0.4% off of the stock diameter.

I'll get you a pic of the spacers on the black wheels!

Downpipe: I haven't heard the MAP, but I can't imagine the sound to be to different. Same material (304SS), same diameter. Only thing that could probably make a difference is the cat. But again, not sure on other brands. Btw, youtube videos are awful to compare sound. I think they all sound awful on youtube.

Cat-Back: You name 2 of a few reasons why I'm keeping the Cobb. 1) I think the tips look awesome too 2) cause the cold start on the downpipe + MF comp was just to loud. And I like loud. I should start measuring decibels of all the different set-ups :D I tried filming a before and after to compare the COBB and MF, but my phone just can't handle it :tsk:

But if I were you, I'd definitely opt for a cat-back over an axle-back on the EB!

edit @Notes : I drove an AT with MF Street (stock Downpipe) last week and I was surprised how quiet the exhaust goes while driving easy in the AT! Couldn't hear it at all. The lower RPM's? :shrug: Didn't really test it cause it wasn't my car and I might be biased cause of being used to the Comp though. But if your neighbors would complain about anything like the MF street, you'd have bad neighbors IMO.
My neighbors are fine, they love the car... but not everyone in the neighborhood does...

Most likely Ill keep saving to assemble my wish list and check out a whole bunch of sounds in the Lux 3 meeting in May... I'm not in a hurry.
Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
Just quick reply to say thanks for this cool topic and that way I am following it too!

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Switzerland for Imported vehicle is a bit different. Anyways, for new vehicles the next inspection is after 4 years,
next after 3 years and then every 2 years so no rush whatsoever.

-wheel size changes - up to 8% of circumference with certificate - no approval required
-exhaust - with certificate like my Remus - no approval required
-wheel spacers - with DTC certificate - no approval required
-lowering springs - with certificate - no approval required

Generally speaking as long as you have the "gutachten" for extra parts form "Swiss garage or importer" you are fine.
Some parts requires approval like: coil overs or non OEM brakes.

As for the power upgrades: max 20% more with just DTC certificate. More only after special and expensive DTC tests.
Sponsored