Any Sacramento Area members?

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Taking my car Saturday to Wiked Customz in Sac to get my lowering springs installed. Anyone know of any other shops around the area that are good for suspension work? Got quoted $350 out the door which is the cheapest I've found so far and they have great reviews. Everywhere else has quoted $500+
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Taking my car Saturday to Wiked Customz in Sac to get my lowering springs installed. Anyone know of any other shops around the area that are good for suspension work? Got quoted $350 out the door which is the cheapest I've found so far and they have great reviews. Everywhere else has quoted $500+
Just springs? I don't remember, but you can't do it yourself because of no space or tools?

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you set on having a shop do the install?
Cause if not, I've the tools (air tools, spring compressor, etc) and have been wrenching on cars for many years and can help you out for half that price :D
(Just throwing it out there, not trying to step on any toes, so if this is against any rules, I'll delete it.)

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Cause if not, I've the tools (air tools, spring compressor, etc) and have been wrenching on cars for many years and can help you out for half that price :D
(Just throwing it out there, not trying to step on any toes, so if this is against any rules, I'll delete it.)
Lol, I was going to offer help too since I got my car back on the ground and my tools are available now, although I still don't have a garage yet. Was going to offer the tools, but watch him do the work and help out as needed. I think your air compressor is much more beneficial though as I did everything without one and it took a life time.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Just springs? I don't remember, but you can't do it yourself because of no space or tools?
I have a lot of the tools but missing some. I don't have a garage so I'd have to do it out in my lot but it's pretty big. But yea I'd rather pay someone else more experienced do it for me and I can watch and help out to learn. Youtube videos only help so much haha

It's mainly the time of how long this install would take me

Cause if not, I've the tools (air tools, spring compressor, etc) and have been wrenching on cars for many years and can help you out for half that price
I'm not dead set on the shop doing it, how much suspension work have you done yourself?

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Springs are pretty easy to do. I did all mines suspension mods with the entire rear subframe dropped (was going to do subframe bushings). I think for springs, its just lifting the car, front top hat bolts, IRS bolts, rear bottom shock bolts, disconnect sway endinks, and switch front springs in. I take a long time as I am slow and have some OCD lol.

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Springs are easy, with some YouTube videos and some input from the forums you could probably have them done in 3-4 hours. A bunch of us here have experience and would probably be willing to lend a hand.

Fwiw I'd still recommend doing springs and shocks/struts at the same time!

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not dead set on the shop doing it, how much suspension work have you done yourself?
I'll PM you :)

*edit: and yeah If anyone else wants to do this or help him out by all means feel free.

JermyS550

NoWifey5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
She is back on the ground since November and almost ready to play. Just need a few adjustments and a major alignment. I am going to try and attend some events now :D. Look out for me as I will be waving back.

looks good!

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have their car set up with BMR's 080 lowering springs and Koni Yellows and/or Steeda adjustable shocks and struts? I am wondering if we could meet up and if I could take a ride with you to see which I would like better. I already have the springs, I just want to ensure that I am going to like the shocks.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Reminder there will be a Cars and Coffee by Strikes in Elk Grove Sunday May 28. It is on Laguna Boulevard.
:D
Sponsored