So how was your Ford experience today?

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Mine was in for a dealer "courtesy check" at the weekend. Time for a flying visit to Edinburgh; see friends, drink wine and do a Parkrun (the wife, not me!). No issues, which I expected. Although the v friendly service guy told me a few things, perhaps a bit too honest, but he certainly dug the car :).

Anyway, mine is the only GB that they have put out thus far; only one Mustang has been recovered back to them on a truck; there's a problem with clutch bearing noise on manual boxes, particularly affects the EcoBeast boys although some V8s suffer too; elements within Ford GB have acknowledged there's an issue with our mirrors having shit maneuverability.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
there's a problem with clutch bearing noise on manual boxes, particularly affects the EcoBeast boys although some V8s suffer too
Ahh, good to hear. Any more info on this? I.e. what are the symptoms? I think I may have this. Would feel a bit braver heading to the dealership with some pre existing knowledge!

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Well today's visit to Ford has been postponed as my car is now blocked on the drive.
Poor kid only had his licence for 4 weeks. There's a few people on here that know the road I live on, so will also be amazed how he couldn't have possibly seen my Mrs car.

Just saw this, but I drove past that on my way home from here (Bristol) last week. I did wonder how that had happened. 5 weeks in and his confidence is probably gone for a lot longer.. ouch. Glad no one was hurt.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ahh, good to hear. Any more info on this? I.e. what are the symptoms? I think I may have this. Would feel a bit braver heading to the dealership with some pre existing knowledge!

Yes, I'd like to know exactly what was said too.

I've had one tech tell me my noise is a definite symptom of something and another say it's normal (I know it's not but it's a £600 gamble if they don't find anything).

Is the Newbury meet on this saturday?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes, I'd like to know exactly what was said too.

I've had one tech tell me my noise is a definite symptom of something and another say it's normal (I know it's not but it's a £600 gamble if they don't find anything).

Is the Newbury meet on this saturday?
Sure is - just double checked on MFUK. Post now in the meets section...

Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
IIRC there's a clunk (think that's what he said) when changing gear, specifically when there's pressure on the clutch plate ie whilst the clutch pedal is depressed. Apparently everything looks ok, but it becomes obvious (to those who know what they are looking at) when pressure is applied.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Picked my car up today........

Service done, oil and filter, diff and gearbox oil changed (all supplied by me) £163, so 2hrs labour charged. Another year of Ford assist (AA) registered.

Leak apparently fixed, hands up to a botch job, said the senior workshop manager. We'll see?!?

Passenger door window 'issue', checked with Ford, within tolerance, apparently (?), I'm not going to get anywhere with this and I've lived with it up until now and as advised by Gloucesternige, I'll move on, I just haven't got the energy at the minute to take it further.

Thanks for your kind thoughts re my recent sad event.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Picked my car up today........

Service done, oil and filter, diff and gearbox oil changed (all supplied by me) £163, so 2hrs labour charged. Another year of Ford assist (AA) registered.

Leak apparently fixed, hands up to a botch job, said the senior workshop manager. We'll see?!?

Passenger door window 'issue', checked with Ford, within tolerance, apparently (?), I'm not going to get anywhere with this and I've lived with it up until now and as advised by Gloucesternige, I'll move on, I just haven't got the energy at the minute to take it further.

Thanks for your kind thoughts re my recent sad event.
Regarding your window, is it catching when you open, and is it passanger side (Cba to go back and check). If it is, everyones car door i've opened (Gibbos, Kristians, Steve's, Mine, a few others at meets etc).

I got mine 'fixed' was fixed for about a 5 days before it went back to catching... fuck knows what the cause/fix is

Glad you got the other bits done... Even if it was a bit of a bodge job. :lol:!

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
So, late last week I discovered that my leak wasn't fixed, I found it in time to pin point it more, just under the drivers floor mat. Car was due a service, which was originally booked for the 13th, rebooked for the 22nd, this was due to a family bereavement and the funeral was on Monday in London.

So before we set off on Friday the 10th, I dropped the car off at EH in Motherwell, I also had an issue with the passenger door window, which was 'looked' at a few months ago, they said it was fine, but it wasn't.

In the showroom was a beautiful TY, so I checked the passenger door operation on it and it was night and day compared to my car. Got the 'service' manager to try the TY and then my door, 'I can't feel any difference, you just need to open yours slower'!!!!! So there is a difference then?, 'I'll get my boss to check it', I suggest you do before I rip into you in the middle of the showroom, was my reply.

So the 'big' boss did the same and checked the operation of the TY then mine, straight away he says, 'that's not right, well realigne that for you, known issue, blah, blah, apologies for being retards on your previous visit'. All good.

Just do the service while it's in, I've also got diff and gearbox oil that I want changing, back with the original 'service manager' now, 'it doesn't need it', I'm the fucking customer, I'm directing you to change it, change it, do it properly and evidence it, if you went into a barbers and wanted a haircut, you moron, and the barber said, you don't need it, would you accept that?, no!, so just do as you've been asked and I, the customer, who pays your fucking wages, will pay for it!!!!

So got back from a very emotional trip last night (it was my sisters funeral on Monday) and called them today, as arranged, how are you getting on with my car?, 'oh weren't you picking it up on the 22nd?', I'm still gluing bits of my phone back together!!!!

Absolute cretinous morons of a mongtard species that I never knew existed!!

I'll keep you posted.
Sorry for your loss mate.

I am never going to return my car for anything at EH Motherwell. The day we drove out of there, I tured to my wife and said "this will be last they see me" and it was fitting cause they were looking at my car's rear:headbang:
They do not have a clue.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Regarding your window, is it catching when you open, and is it passanger side (Cba to go back and check). If it is, everyones car door i've opened (Gibbos, Kristians, Steve's, Mine, a few others at meets etc).

I got mine 'fixed' was fixed for about a 5 days before it went back to catching... fuck knows what the cause/fix is

Glad you got the other bits done... Even if it was a bit of a bodge job. :lol:!
Same thing, I'm sure there was a fix, but like Sudaf, they'll never see my business again.

The way the service manager went on about the gearbox and diff oil change was like he was talking to someone who'd never owned or saw a car before, never mind modded/upgraded them. I put him right though. I know it's not imperative to have it changed, however, with a few other mods like the MGW shortshifter on its way, it was just a case of convenience.

I should have left it for the people that are going to fit that :mad:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Well as promised Burns Congleton Ford rang me a few days ago informing me a new set of brake disc were waiting for me. :)

Absolutely superb service and knowledge from this dealership, they really are fantastic and also know exactly what they are doing, but I did spot a cabinet full of motorsport trophies so its clear they are enthusiast too. :)

One of these disc is now being sent off to get replicated into some lightweight 2-piece disc that do not cost $1000 but more closer to £500 for a pair. More on that in coming weeks. :)

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Saturday popped into the dealership to sort out my bumper which had been drilled they took the licence plate holder off and stuck the licence plate direct to the bumper it looks much better now.

Just wish it had not been drilled originally

Still waiting for my Pony keyring though they say I'll get one when they are in.

Also looking at service plans I might stick to Ford as it's closer and easier, but may look into other places before I make my decision

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Saturday popped into the dealership to sort out my bumper which had been drilled they took the licence plate holder off and stuck the licence plate direct to the bumper it looks much better now.

Just wish it had not been drilled originally

Still waiting for my Pony keyring though they say I'll get one when they are in.

Also looking at service plans I might stick to Ford as it's closer and easier, but may look into other places before I make my decision
Sorry mate but that isn't good enough. Did you tell them not to drill the bumper? I would be pushing for a replacement personally

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
My experience was as I've come to expect.....total shite, so yet again I wasn't disappointed...:rant:

One month into ownership (April 2016) I informed them that the drivers side puddle light had failed...:(

At the 3rd visit to fix it today.......they've got the wrong part....

Almost a year for a puddle light....and it still looks like a Hippo...

Get your fucking act together FORD:amen:

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Just want to counter this with a positive experience at Warwick Ford.

Went in for the second puddle lamp fix, courtesy car offered no issues, communication good and everyone courteous. Car had been all but valeted, and was advised both puddle lamps had been changed as Ford now thnk they've fixed the initial issue (no doubt a dodgy engineer - I should know).

Let's hope Ford are learning...

My experience was as I've come to expect.....total shite, so yet again I wasn't disappointed...:rant:

One month into ownership (April 2016) I informed them that the drivers side puddle light had failed...:(

At the 3rd visit to fix it today.......they've got the wrong part....

Almost a year for a puddle light....and it still looks like a Hippo...

Get your fucking act together FORD:amen:
Sponsored