The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I got news from my dealer that the UK cars are not applicable under the TSB, so I'll get chasing with strongly worded letters once the floor starts to rot...

TSB below for reference:
Subject/Concern:
Underbody wax application
Model:
Mustang 2015.0 (03/2015–) - For specific VIN information refer to Table Attachment 1
Assembly Plant: Flatrock
Markets:
Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Spain
Summary
NOTE: This Service Instruction is valid for vehicles listed in Table Attachment 1 and delivered to the listed markets only.
A small number of Mustang 2015.0 vehicles have been built without sufficient underbody protection.
Thanks for the update, and for those that didn't know, we did get that formalised about 5 months ago, but always nice to refresh the newbies, legal letter is really the only way :/! Or a nice dealer lol.:crazy:
Sponsored

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
There is no way in hell I would pay for underseal when it should be done by the manufacturer. Paying out £400 on a job that Ford are responsible for?

I take cars in for warranty work the moment I have an issue, no matter how small.

Would you pay for any other part if it was faulty?

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Can I ask what it is with UK drivers and "underseal" fetish? In the past it was a huge fad here in the States but modern cars don't seem to need it. I live in the mid-west and we get PLENTY of snow and lots of salt on the roads. Have not had an under-carriage issue in 20+ years.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask what it is with UK drivers and "underseal" fetish? In the past it was a huge fad here in the States but modern cars don't seem to need it. I live in the mid-west and we get PLENTY of snow and lots of salt on the roads. Have not had an under-carriage issue in 20+ years.
It's more because Ford put SOME on and not all of it, well that was my 'fetish' with it, as they did the job wrong. However, if it didn't come with any from factory, wouldn't have an issue. :lol:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
It's more because Ford put SOME on and not all of it, well that was my 'fetish' with it, as they did the job wrong. However, if it didn't come with any from factory, wouldn't have an issue. :lol:
So if they had not put any on the car Steve, you would not have got it done?
very interesting
Now for me my S197 never had any underseal and was spotless for 9 years, but as this was a brand new car, which I would like to keep for many years I got it done, maybe I wasted £400 but its done with the best stuff. The crap on the English roads and my car kept outdoors was another reason
Also its interesting that my California Special Canadian spec, did not even have any underseal, Canadian cars used to get underseal, but i did get a free $400 special car cover :lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So if they had not put any on the car Steve, you would not have got it done?
very interesting
Now for me my S197 never had any underseal and was spotless for 9 years, but as this was a brand new car, which I would like to keep for many years I got it done, maybe I wasted £400 but its done with the best stuff. The crap on the English roads and my car kept outdoors was another reason
Also its interesting that my California Special Canadian spec, did not even have any underseal, Canadian cars used to get underseal, but i did get a free $400 special car cover :lol:
Why would I need to, my gripe is was that it was a half arsed shitty job. I got underseal so all is well with it... I also did it to suss the way out for everyone on the forums so they could shut up about it.... ;)!

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Thanks for the update, and for those that didn't know, we did get that formalised about 5 months ago, but always nice to refresh the newbies, legal letter is really the only way :/! Or a nice dealer lol.:crazy:
Couple things from an under seal newbie:)
1. What should 'good' Ford underselling look like versus 'bad' Ford underselling? Asking so when I pick mine up from the dealer in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed) I know what I'm looking for.
2. Maybe the above isn't the full tsb text, perhaps it is bleary morning-eyes but it doesn't seem to list the UK in the affected markets?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
1. What should 'good' Ford underselling look like versus 'bad' Ford underselling? Asking so when I pick mine up from the dealer in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed) I know what I'm looking for.
2. Maybe the above isn't the full tsb text, perhaps it is bleary morning-eyes but it doesn't seem to list the UK in the affected markets?
No UK car has come through with good underseal, they all come through with various degrees of crap underseal, best you will get is the exhaust and diff coated :shrug::tsk:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
See above.

2. UK isn't in the TSB, UK doesn't have a TSB for underseal. You have to go through the missale of goods act and other legal routes to get it done by ford. :thumbsup:

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
See above.

2. UK isn't in the TSB, UK doesn't have a TSB for underseal. You have to go through the missale of goods act and other legal routes to get it done by ford. :thumbsup:
Cheers for the detail Manders - though it leads to this feeling... :frusty:
Why make it so difficult to get stuff fixed. Maybe me being naïve but thought the requirements would have been the same via EU reg on this. Grrrr!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers for the detail Manders - though it leads to this feeling... :frusty:
Why make it so difficult to get stuff fixed. Maybe me being naïve but thought the requirements would have been the same via EU reg on this. Grrrr!
Well, to save me essaying this.

Underseal was put on in ZG/Bremhaven (ZG = Nordic and UK, Brem = Europe) as away to import mass amount of cars and class them as EU made.
ZG does underseal quickly by driving the cars up a ramp and someone spraying under the car in a straight line, the underseal gets all into wheels and shit, ugly as sin.
Bremhaven does it properly, bastards! lol.

Ford UK claim the Underseal is sufficient, however as they've begun putting underseal on, why would the rest of the underbody be done, therefore, missale of an item.

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
the nupol raptor that modurstang did for me (paid by ford) still looks like new
underneath still looks like a new car
I would still do it again even though it was a pain in the arse
I plan on keeping mine so I think its worthwhile

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just a thought on this as I maybe going for a 2018 (don't start taking the pee) when they come out and will have to go through all this undersealing again, cant you get some sort of thickish rubber type stripes you can stick on the underside? I'm sure this is the sort of stuff the factory underseal is which is then painted over.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought on this as I maybe going for a 2018 (don't start taking the pee) when they come out and will have to go through all this undersealing again, cant you get some sort of thickish rubber type stripes you can stick on the underside? I'm sure this is the sort of stuff the factory underseal is which is then painted over.
Probably yes, unless UK/USA and EU sort themselves out with trade deals, quota's and tarrif's on imports, or, if Britian leaves EU, will make UK import these straight to the UK avoiding zeebrugge, so then depends how many the UK want in the country, if we strike up a UK/US trade deal etc.

My belief is they're only sprayed in zeebrugge to avoid these tarrifs taxes etc and claim they're 'EU built' cars. :ford:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Probably yes, unless UK/USA and EU sort themselves out with trade deals, quota's and tarrif's on imports, or, if Britian leaves EU, will make UK import these straight to the UK avoiding zeebrugge, so then depends how many the UK want in the country, if we strike up a UK/US trade deal etc.

My belief is they're only sprayed in zeebrugge to avoid these tarrifs taxes etc and claim they're 'EU built' cars. :ford:
You cannot use the term "if" with regards to our leaving the EU; that's a done deal. Whether we can create the correct trade agreements is anyone's guess - and that's 2 years away. The 2018 car will adhere to current standards - I'd expect no changes in tariffs or anything otherwise until 2019/2020 and by then we'll be looking at a new model.
Sponsored