BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
...Working on ways to make the car (car's differential especially) run cooler now, fun semi-urgent project ftw! ...
Oh, and on this note I agree - the amount of heat these cars put out when pushed hard is amazing. Consensus seems to be three main trouble areas, and these are my thoughts so far - would like to get on it because summer just showed up and won't be leaving for awhile...

1) Brakes (mainly front): either buy JLT or FTB setup $200+, or come up with homebrew setup like [MENTION=20168]cop on my back[/MENTION]. I'm OK with losing my fog lights because not DD.

2) Rear diff: good fluid changed regularly, heat-wrap exhaust pipes in area, and find a finned heatsink diff cover (does this exist? truck guys have done this forever) or do a pumped reservoir and cooler setup (roadrace tubeframe cars usually do this driven off the axle)

3) Underhood: high-flow grill (I think I'm just going to go commando and cut my grill out...no debris protection, but looks badass, and what the hell, it's only a radiator) plus some venting. Hopefully the heat extractors that mount in stock location will be functional enough (Roush, Scott Drake, Trufiber), because I really don't want to buy a new hood $$$$
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hooked on Driving is there all weekend. They had a BBQ and concert tonight. I couldnt do the 2 day. Im actually at the office right now.

Sponsored

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
*edit* sorry wrong thread :D

Ah right, I opted to wait for Monday... All the best if you go! I will be at Laguna with NCRC, lets see if driving easy with mods allows for great laptimes!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Good time was had by all!

db252 was there

Found out that my instructor is the founder of one of my favorite bay area charity car events, the Danville de Elegance. Who knew:shrug:

This is Jim with his racecar Z, I now understand the value of depends.

Another instructors track toy

And another one of the instructors. All cool dudes.

Awesome time with amazing cars and cool peeps. Highly recommendable!

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Good time was had by all!
Awesome time with amazing cars and cool peeps. Highly recommendable!
Nice! That track is so awesome, all of it. 2mi, 3mi....I have yet to do the full 5 all together - something to look forward to! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nice! That track is so awesome, all of it. 2mi, 3mi....I have yet to do the full 5 all together - something to look forward to! :thumbsup:
The 5 mile was a little intimidating at first but once you do a run or two and dissect it in chunks it can become manageable.

Next time I’ll definitely do the 2 or 3-mile configuration.

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hey y'all,

If you want to get on a roadcourse for not much money, and not a huge time commit, check this out: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1983094-track-night-2016-northern-california-june-23

3 x 20min sessions would be a bargain at the usual $125, but they are running a Father's Day promotion (but you don't have to be a dad!) until June 20 for $25 off! Use Coupon Code: I<3DAD

The Thunderhill 2mi is fun, enough to be challenging, but tops out at maybe 100mph or so for most cars, so not as crazy as the 3mi where the long straight has fast cars at 130-140.

Mellow vibe, gate opens at 3pm, so only takes a half day including travel time. Pony up!! :headbang:

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
When are you thinking about going?

*edit* oops :) Hope to make it there!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey y'all,

If you want to get on a roadcourse for not much money, and not a huge time commit, check this out: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1983094-track-night-2016-northern-california-june-23

3 x 20min sessions would be a bargain at the usual $125, but they are running a Father's Day promotion (but you don't have to be a dad!) until June 20 for $25 off! Use Coupon Code: I<3DAD

The Thunderhill 2mi is fun, enough to be challenging, but tops out at maybe 100mph or so for most cars, so not as crazy as the 3mi where the long straight has fast cars at 130-140.

Mellow vibe, gate opens at 3pm, so only takes a half day including travel time. Pony up!! :headbang:
This is a great lead. Thanks for sharing!

I'm gonna try to make it out but could be difficult since its a Thursday.

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
This is a great lead. Thanks for sharing!

I'm gonna try to make it out but could be difficult since its a Thursday.
Just do it! It's an excuse to only work a half day! :cool:
Sponsored