SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My dealer is 80 miles away so i won't be particularly happy if I need to make repeated trips there. My plan was never to go back...but maybe expecting a fault-free vehicle is too much to hope for...
Sponsored

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Am i right in thinking our Mirrors are not the same as those in America? Ford have probably got a duff supplier for the export mirrors. Maybe we can all expect to get 2 new mirrors once they find someone who can make them properly?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer is 80 miles away so i won't be particularly happy if I need to make repeated trips there. My plan was never to go back...but maybe expecting a fault-free vehicle is too much to hope for...
If only you'd got a beemer instead :lol: (Couldn't resist)

Regardless of what the issue is, it shouldn't be happening, and whatever is causing it needs looking into, the more times 'we' (or any owner) take their car back for this for warranty, the more it flags up on fords systems and the more likely they are to do anything to fix it (beofre the issue occurs, and then 'fix' the ones that could have the issue - much like the wiring loom).
AS for how long it takes, and why they need to see you twice, no idea, pictures for something like this would suffice but i guess they need to get to the root cause of the issue before any fix can be done/found.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Am i right in thinking our Mirrors are not the same as those in America? Ford have probably got a duff supplier for the export mirrors. Maybe we can all expect to get 2 new mirrors once they find someone who can make them properly?
That would cause some trouble as well as exterior parts come unpainted, so when lucky we might get a proper paint-job/color-match... all of this for a few puddle lights...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I did notice somewhere that you can buy some aftermarket ones which have different images on, maybe it might be worth trying those and see if they have the same problem, i'll have a look around and see if I can find the site.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I did notice somewhere that you can buy some aftermarket ones which have different images on, maybe it might be worth trying those and see if they have the same problem, i'll have a look around and see if I can find the site.
I heard they do one that projects a silhouette of Manders...

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone got a good detailed picture of the projector part(s) rather than just the projected image?

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Mine has been to dealer today for rear bumper alignment, and whilst there I have set the wheels in motion to get it sorted mate.
They are going to be in touch, poss parts to be ordered.
Seems that they are all going same way, strange how always seems to be the drivers side.

What was wrong with the bumper? Mine is misaligned by a few mm on the passenger side. It's been in but the they say there's nothing they can do.

IMG_0435.JPG

Regarding the puddle lamps, if its an easy job, would it be better to get the dealer to post and then fit yourself? Saves all the hassle (and risk of damage etc.) of going into the dealer.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name