Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Just been onphone to dealer, booked in for 2 weeks time for them to look at it,
Then they will have to Order the part.

I've had to put a bit of tape over it, coz it's an embarrassment
Seriously?
Take pictures of the problem if you can. Tell them to get on to their tech people and ask what part they need, order it and call you when its in!

Do not accept 2 visits to the dealer and a two week wait before the first one.

Bloody hell I am in a bad mood this morning!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm already waiting for bits to be delivered.
Have a major wind noise from door mirror area. And a few spots of water has came in.
That was same. Take it to dealer.let them look. Then order parts
And take it back to get fitted

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I'm already waiting for bits to be delivered.
Have a major wind noise from door mirror area. And a few spots of water has came in.
That was same. Take it to dealer.let them look. Then order parts
And take it back to get fitted
Well I am still in a bad mood and I reserve the right to remain so.
People at work are annoying me and now this! I think I may go and look at my car to calm myself down.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well I am still in a bad mood and I reserve the right to remain so.
People at work are annoying me and now this! I think I may go and look at my car to calm myself down.
Stand outside of it and enjoy yourself... or inside the car, don't want you getting fired :lol:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In answer to my own question it seems there are more threads on the uk forum than other on this [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] had this problem. Have you had it fixed Kristian?
Mine still isn't sorted :( I will chase it today because it's been about a month now. Yes, it is embarrassing too.

Annoying thing is, its a 70 mile round trip for me. Obviously I love an excuse to go for a nice long drive but it's finding the time.

And the other thing is, the dealerships don't fill me with confidence in general. I just have in my mind that my car will be the one they experiment on & fuck it up somehow. Would rather do it myself.

[MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] - I am also in a shitty mood. Must be the weather. In the Fiesta today too.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Manders, dont worry I wont be sacked. Even if I decide just to go for a drive. I dont plan on sacking anybody today!!

Kristain, Oh great now I am in an even worse mood....gonna have to go and look at the car again.

Fiesta!! Blimey, havent read that in years....well looked at the pictures!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] benefits of being the top dog ehy! ;)

Sounds like a right long fix! Damn ford with their slack on parts. Apparently this was somewhat common in the older mustangs that had this on, however not heard much from the US guys regarding if it's common on their S550's seems to be hitting quite hard recently over here... but we do get more rain than them ;)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ian - which side out of interest? I'm sure I read a while back that it always seems to be the drivers side...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
My dealer did a warranty claim for me yesterday... the left one looks more like a dragon imho... I just hope it wont take another six months to get a replacement part as from experience I noticed these things goooo slooooooow here in Belgium

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=14076]Notes[/MENTION] they both look pretty shocking to be honest. First looks like it needs a diet. Second looks like it needs glasses/spectacles.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For what reason? Door gets opened & closed more often?
I don't know of a reason, it was just a comment that it always is the drivers side. but that would make sense I guess. Pretty sure I havent been slamming my doors!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
@Notes they both look pretty shocking to be honest. First looks like it needs a diet. Second looks like it needs glasses/spectacles.
We did a few test's at the dealer yesterday with a black background and also cleaned the lens a few times etc. yet it didn't matter ... they are both screwed. Still wonder what's cousing it though, winter/freezing/moisture/salt?!?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Mine still isn't sorted :( I will chase it today because it's been about a month now. Yes, it is embarrassing too.

Annoying thing is, its a 70 mile round trip for me. Obviously I love an excuse to go for a nice long drive but it's finding the time.

And the other thing is, the dealerships don't fill me with confidence in general. I just have in my mind that my car will be the one they experiment on & fuck it up somehow. Would rather do it myself.

@stevec - I am also in a shitty mood. Must be the weather. In the Fiesta today too.
My first experience with replacement/warranty parts took six months to arrive! So that would be 4 times new puddle lights before we have to pay them ourselves incase they go bad every six months like in my case...
Not to mention the hassle to replace them, from what I found online the mirror need to come off, so also the door panel to acces the mirror bolts... meaning trouble for later on like rattle or door panels not fitting tightly anymore etc. Nice one Ford!:ford: