Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Cool man good times sounds like I missed a great day.

Will be another one, weather was so good I got burnt. :D

M3 can go next time, be interesting to see what it does, my guess is around 13 flat around 112mph I reckon.
Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Yep we can swap cars see if it makes any difference to times

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep we can swap cars see if it makes any difference to times

Haha a guy there said give me your keys, I will give you an 11s pass, I declined. :D

If it was not my car and just a rental or I was a reviewer then yes it would not be babied.

If I drove yours I'd still baby it as your a mate I like haha.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

So I did say I'd share the KW settings when I found a happy medium.

Stock settings are:
Rebound F/R: 8/9 clicks from hard.
Compression F/R: 6/6 clicks from hard.

The stock settings are actually very good, but if you drive some poorer roads you might feel a touch beaten up afterwards though the damping is superb its just a touch on the firm side.

My settings are:
Rebound F/R: 9/10 clicks from hard.
Compression F/R: 8/7 clicks from hard.

I moved the compression a touch firmer in rear compared to front to help the car rotate a little better and dial out understeer, car still understeers first at limit but more with a neutral balance, grip at either end if huge. But overall the car is set a touch softer than stock settings, I find now the car plays both rolls well, super comfortable like a GT should be but also handles like a proper sports car too, well in modern big heavy sport car terms anyway, its no Lotus Elise still and never will be. :)

I also fitted the Steeda Billet shock tower upper mounts, due to them using a spherical bearing that allows full rotation in all directions, compared to the stock rubber bearing which is binding up even in the stock location. This part only has a positive impact on ride quality and along with KW and mount has finally eliminated all bounce/float kind of feeling. The car feels super stable and planted even at 160-170mph speeds. :)

I think this is as good as the car can get now, without taking weight out of the big girl. My only complaint now is the rear PS4S (K1) are simply not as confident inspiring as the front PS4S or MPSS, though they do have the grip they just communicate less so, particular from rear.

My plan to fix this is either get none K1 PS4S for rear, fingers crossed Michelin release them, fit 285/35/20 in the rear, but could look stretched or ditch the rear 11" wheels and get some 10" wide versions and then fit 285 to those giving a square setup.

Also now after having larger/wider/lighter wheels I can communicate the following:
- Ride quality barely un-changed, but I did stick with 35 profile so tyre wall is nearly same size as stock 40 profile wall. Reduce un-sprung mass helps improve ride, heavier 20" wheels would ride harsher than stock wheels.
- Road noise on MPSS is louder, much louder, on PS4S its about the same. End of the day the air chamber is bigger (larger tyre width) resulting in bigger air chambers results in more road noise.
- Grip: Lateral grip is improved, but let go characteristics are more abrupt, so the TC even in the dry can struggle to keep up, was never an issue on stock tyre sizes. Off the line, grip is actually worse than stock wheel size with MPSS. I put this down to the stock 40 profile wall, MPSS being easier to turn on and heavier wheels resisting tempation to spin.
- Looks: WOW, everyone comments, and the car just looks like a 60-80k piece of metal when parked up and all shiny in the sun and the wheels stand out big time in a good way.

I think I will still go MY18, feel I need an auto (getting old), but Ford need to deliver it with the good stuff, otherwise I might just keep this one or buy a different car all together.

For this car I was chatting with Centurion and Steve yesterday about my future plans and really all I would like to do now is wrap the roof gloss black and add the USA stock hood vents in gloss black, reason being just to tie in the race car look with my GT 350 track spoiler.

Stevec is also got some nice bits (aesthetic) on order which I might consider after he has being guinea pig. :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
For this car I was chatting with Centurion and Steve yesterday about my future plans and really all I would like to do now is wrap the roof gloss black and add the USA stock hood vents in gloss black, reason being just to tie in the race car look with my GT 350 track spoiler.

Stevec is also got some nice bits (aesthetic) on order which I might consider after he has being guinea pig. :D
Do it, my vents are going gloss black, and at ÂŁ30 or so from NTO they're dirty cheap (Costing me more to spray the things black!!!) then ÂŁ200+ at Modurstang to fit them.

I'm undecided whether to go Gloss black roof or wing mirrors to tie it in, but will see as the tints have added a dark section to the upper half of the car.

Will keep you posted they should be on in early may :first:!

P.S after running the Ps4S for a while, if you were to spend your money on what you could get right now, would you still go for Ps4S's or would you go for MPSS'?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do it, my vents are going gloss black, and at ÂŁ30 or so from NTO they're dirty cheap (Costing me more to spray the things black!!!) then ÂŁ200+ at Modurstang to fit them.

I'm undecided whether to go Gloss black roof or wing mirrors to tie it in, but will see as the tints have added a dark section to the upper half of the car.

Will keep you posted they should be on in early may :first:!

P.S after running the Ps4S for a while, if you were to spend your money on what you could get right now, would you still go for Ps4S's or would you go for MPSS'?

MPSS felt better overall, but PS4S is unfair because I have not driven car with PS4S all round as the K1 tyre is without doubt different to regular PS4S tyre.

I suspect the Mustang PS4S tyres in stock size will be totally amazing!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
MPSS felt better overall, but PS4S is unfair because I have not driven car with PS4S all round as the K1 tyre is without doubt different to regular PS4S tyre.

I suspect the Mustang PS4S tyres in stock size will be totally amazing!
I'll eagerly await that review then ;)! :headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] if you want [MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] 's hood vents sprayed gloss black let me know i'm sending 3 already to my sprayer to be done, so a 4th wont be an issue.

Edit: assuming he's selling*

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may have hood vents for sale mate. I'm going to have to put my plans on hold due to the amount of money I'm haveing to plow into holidays over the next 12 months. They are DIB abut you will probably want to spray them anyway.

Are they the stock USA ones which fit in the hood without issue, same as what Manders got?

If so how much buddy? Drop me a PM! :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Are they the stock USA ones which fit in the hood without issue, same as what Manders got?

Yes they are, I bought them as part of the same set with [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] [MENTION=22689]Pedestrian[/MENTION] and another guys, they're just the raw stock US ones (No indicator in them or anything).

Our cars hoods (EB and GT) is the same, we've got the cut outs in the second layer to fit them :).

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

Not sure on final price yet. They are the same as Manders and they are at his Stackry at the moment. Will let you know by the end of the weekend mate

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers fella :)

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
not sure on your time scales for when you guys plan on getting your vents done. Ill have a spare hood once my car arrives if anyone wants to use it whilst their vents are being installed as ill be installing the Cervinis ram Air hood as soon as it is painted. Its something im planning on selling later on anyway to recoup some dollar.

Transportation of the hood may be an issue though.
Sponsored