Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Guess im a dumb ass then since I come from a drag race background.
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
If the shoe fits wear it proudly. I also come from a drag race back ground. I'm not a dumbass, but I'm certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer either. ;)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guess im a dumb ass then since I come from a drag race background.
If your goal is to mostly drag race the car, you will never run out of brakes

Even if you go to a big high speed track once or twice a month, you likely still never run out of brakes

You might want to go re-read ALL of the GT350 info on the web and see just how many little things the Ford Racing engineers have already done for you, before you go and throw away all that expensive engineering and testing that you've already paid for up front.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm not looking for a drag race car per-say. I'm just going for a all around performance. Which to me this is the perfect car. I know everyone says it's a handling car and that I agree. But ford also put a drag mode on the car and once in awhile I will take it to the 1/4 mile. But to say I'm using it as a drag car, no I'm not. But what I will do is squeeze every bit of power I can out of it with basic bolt ons.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
OK so none of that seems to include heavy track (with turns) use, in which case you will never run out of brakes. Either way, I still suggest rereading all the literature on the car before you potentially make unnecessary modifications.

Sponsored

Obrien455

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Gt350 shadow black, stripe delete, tech packag
Just curious, whats the damage($$) gonna be to replace rotors all around?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
OK so none of that seems to include heavy track (with turns) use, in which case you will never run out of brakes. Either way, I still suggest rereading all the literature on the car before you potentially make unnecessary modifications.
I agree with this. There is a TON of engineering that went into this car for the purpose of avoiding brake fade. Of all the track tuned Mustangs released over the past 3 generations, this is one where I would have the most confidence to take out and use out of the box (outside of all-out road racing weekends) and not have overheating issues.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
~$200/corner, very cheap for what they are. Im thinking of buying a 2 sets of the front and 1 set for the rear, I have a feeling S550 and S197 guys might starting buying them up and ford will respond by jacking up the price

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I agree with voodoo(o)(o)(o). I have aftermarket brake duct extensions on my C5Z06, whose OEM ducts are very similar to these. The aftermarket pieces extend the plastic hoses from the wheel well to a plate mounted behind the calipers to squirt the air right onto the center hole/bearing. Major improvement in temp consistency on track. Zero fade. Consistent pedal firmness. :thumbsup:

For those of you who wonder: "the "experts" at Ford have designed a perfect car, why would anyone change it?", remember that every product is the simultaneous compromise of cost/schedule/performance/reliability/emissions/warranty/etc. The only parts which can be made better are all of them (depending on which attribute you want better at the expense of another). FWIW :cheers:

Last edited:

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
~$200/corner, very cheap for what they are. Im thinking of buying a 2 sets of the front and 1 set for the rear, I have a feeling S550 and S197 guys might starting buying them up and ford will respond by jacking up the price
I don't think that these rotors will fit a standard mustang

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I believe this is correct due to hubs and spindles being slightly different.

And who knows if the caliper will even correctly fit. Could be too thick, hats might get in the way...again who knows.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
just a reminder to everyone, the drilled rotors are non-machineable meaning we can only buy new ones:headbonk:
Depends on the equipment that you use . . . The GT350 rotors can be resurfaced without any problems.I built a setup to grind brake rotors, did this to develop a system for motorcycle brake rotors that cannot be machined. I have ground at least 15 sets of auto rotors and it works great. I can hold the surfaces parallel to .0002" and never remove more than required to generate a new surface.

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
One thing you could do would be to remove the brake dust shields if you really feel you need some extra cooling. I think only the front has them. If you do this, I suggest keeping some type of tie rod end heat shield for durability measures of the joint long term.
They don't have a full dust shield, it only covers the lower portion for the ball joints/tie rod. The rear rotors don't use a shield at all.

I believe this is correct due to hubs and spindles being slightly different.

And who knows if the caliper will even correctly fit. Could be too thick, hats might get in the way...again who knows.
The GT350 front calipers/rotor set up won't work on the regular mustangs (see link).

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=955045&postcount=192

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I didn't realize that the GT350R has separate brake cooling ducts. I would think they could be retrofitted to a non-R. I noticed this while reviewing the oil tube installation instructions.
duct.JPG

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I didn't realize that the GT350R has separate brake cooling ducts. I would think they could be retrofitted to a non-R. I noticed this while reviewing the oil tube installation instructions.
I have a track pack and I have those ducts.
Sponsored