Sponsored

John577's GT - The Oxford White Dream

.Jim.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT EU Spec (PP, Premium, Custom)
I thought the GT was limited to 250. Could that have been changed?
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Mine said at 17.2l/100km when I picked it up and that's an Ecoboost! After driving it for a weekend it's now sitting at an average 9.2l/100km and still dropping with every drive. (The green bar is mostly below the white line when I drive normally and don't have a bout of "leadfoot")
Mine is getting better everyday, coming from 12.5 to 6.6 (wth!) also start to notice some difference from fuel brands. Total, Texaco & Octa, unless I'm dreaming .. on the last one the car feels even more alive.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Mine is getting better everyday, coming from 12.5 to 6.6 (wth!) also start to notice some difference from fuel brands. Total, Texaco & Octa, unless I'm dreaming .. on the last one the car feels even more alive.

I felt a big difference after 2-3 fill ups.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I thought the GT was limited to 250. Could that have been changed?

It could be, like the Audi, a bit more.... I know someone who did a recorded GPS test with his Mustang and reached 267 Km/h :eyebulge:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What kind of petrol do you use? Unleaded or Super Unleaded with 100 octane?

Sponsored

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Okay Guys,

After one month Daily drive now and more than 2000 KM, I can give you more impressions of the car.

It's still a pleasure to push the start button and go away to burn the asphalt :cool: !

But the car has 2 bad points, IMO :

1. The AT gear :

The AT gear is not so good that I expected on the car. I'm stuck each morning and night in the trafic and when the gear is changing from 1 of 2 they even give a BIG jolt. If you don't take care of this then you can really come close to the car in front of you ! Between the 1 and 2 its the most blatant ! But the problem is clearly between all the gears !
On my companies AT Skoda Octavia SW I don't have such a problem like this. So the Skoda shifting is better than on the Mustang ? :eyebulge:

2. The Leather of the Seats :

After one month, I've now the first sign of weakness of the leather. On the driver seat, the leather is flattened on the side while coming in/out each day !

The leather is really to thin to resist the long term, IMO !
20150915_184837.jpg
20150915_184610_2.jpg
20150915_184731_2.jpg

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The leather issue is certainly something to watch, that looks pretty bad.

And, also, it's been a long time since Skodas were Czechoslovakian carbon monoxide death traps :D

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Interesting indeed.

My automatic shifts very smoothly with only the occasional jolt between gears when cold. This is normal btw as the oil is cold. Once warm, its like running water (ok ok, its not as good as in my A6 though, but still very good).

The seat wear is probably due to the way you get in/out of the car. Mine has now over 2000 km as well and still looks like the day I collected the car.

I would be more worried about the seat belt strap on the seat as the seat belt is actually "sawing" it off. To prevent this get the protectors like I have.

IMG_9718.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no problems with the seat belt like you said Patrik.

But yes, my garage is very small so I have to "jump" in/out of it. But I never had this problem on my old Renault Megane with leather seats ! The leather was damaged indeed but not flattened... And the car had over than 200 000 km :eyebulge: !

And the Automatics shifts not good when cold or warm. I also noticed this point to my Dealer and he said it's "normal" on this car :shrug:

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I have no problems with the seat belt like you said Patrik.

But yes, my garage is very small so I have to "jump" in/out of it. But I never had this problem on my old Renault Megane with leather seats ! The leather was damaged indeed but not flattened... And the car had over than 200 000 km :eyebulge: !

And the Automatics shifts not good when cold or warm. I also noticed this point to my Dealer and he said it's "normal" on this car :shrug:

Maybe thats why the seats looks they way it does then :confused:

Re the seat belt/strap thing, a lot of people are reporting sawing marks on the strap and one or two on here said it actually came off! Keep an eye on it ;)

Your dealer is talking crap re the shifting! Cold oil is thicker than warm oil hence making the shifts not as smooth when cold compared to warm. Common sense.....tell him to compare it to cutting cold butter with warm butter. If your car has lots of jolts if hot or cold, then I would say that your gearbox may need a software update.

Btw, if you drive your car in "Sport" mode constantly, then yes, you will feel jolts as it is designed this way.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Interesting indeed.

My automatic shifts very smoothly with only the occasional jolt between gears when cold. This is normal btw as the oil is cold. Once warm, its like running water (ok ok, its not as good as in my A6 though, but still very good).

The seat wear is probably due to the way you get in/out of the car. Mine has now over 2000 km as well and still looks like the day I collected the car.

I would be more worried about the seat belt strap on the seat as the seat belt is actually "sawing" it off. To prevent this get the protectors like I have.

IMG_9718.jpg
The occasional jolt between gears I have mostly when pulling up but then quickly need to come down due to traffic and our slow speed limits here in Belgium. I experience it mostly in 30 & 50 KMph zones. 30's in town the worst!
After 5 weeks I still haven't been able to get a nice speed out of the car, max was 150kmph for some short distance. My region is terribly filled with camera's and distance/speed tracking devices...

Seat belts; I will be ordering those leather straps as well, for now I take very good care when pulling the seatbelt down or up. Been looking for other designs on amazon as well but other than yours there's nothing interesting so far...

unless ....

:D

Strap-Cover-Protectors

If your car has lots of jolts if hot or cold, then I would say that your gearbox may need a software update.
Talking about updates, is there any news about this already? A while ago they talked about the EB Vert's under-performing and updates where in the making.
Also disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will activate the relearn process of the gearbox. In my case most roads I do here are 50, 70, 90, 120KMPH roads and It's like the gearbox is already trained for this.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but it looks really cheap for a car like the Mustang.

Re the seat belt/strap thing, a lot of people are reporting sawing marks on the strap and one or two on here said it actually came off! Keep an eye on it ;)

Your dealer is talking crap re the shifting! Cold oil is thicker than warm oil hence making the shifts not as smooth when cold compared to warm. Common sense.....tell him to compare it to cutting cold butter with warm butter. If your car has lots of jolts if hot or cold, then I would say that your gearbox may need a software update.

Btw, if you drive your car in "Sport" mode constantly, then yes, you will feel jolts as it is designed this way.
I keep an eye on all this things. I'm always drive in the "normal" mode ... Maybe I've to try the "Sport" mode to avoid having a lot of jolts ? :lol:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but it looks really cheap for a car like the Mustang.
Sorry, but Mustand IS a cheap car indeed. Despite the import taxes, it is still cheap compared to premium brand names with equivalent HP. (Bmw 435, Mercedes CLA45 AMG, etc).

Don't misjudging me guys, I do like Mustang a lot, but I don't expect high quality materials inside at 37000 eur :shrug:

Whoever seek for elegant/luxury feeling I think it is a wrong car.
Sponsored