Not open for further replies.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd travel across town or wherever it is that goes thru gas fast. If your getting it from a place that hardly sells any, it probably sits for long periods of time. Go to a location close to a busy interstate, it's your best bet. Sounds like bad gas to me. Don't use torco if you don't have to.
Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Here are my graphs from today.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I'd travel across town or wherever it is that goes thru gas fast. If your getting it from a place that hardly sells any, it probably sits for long periods of time. Go to a location close to a busy interstate, it's your best bet. Sounds like bad gas to me. Don't use torco if you don't have to.
What's the knock on Torco?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It yellows plugs...I don't like any sort of build up. Why not just good 93 when it's available, like with OP.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
It yellows plugs...I don't like any sort of build up. Why not just good 93 when it's available, like with OP.
I get that. 93 is the supreme level here in Texas so no issues getting 93. It's a test I am doing to see if the car will make more hp with 98 vs 93 with out a tune. If it does I will run it on track days. If not, then all 93 for me.
Not going to get a tune for risk of warranty issues.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
problem is 93 isn't always 93 and additives suck. Ohio and PA don't test gas so there is that too. I had some shit gas and it was clearly down on power. I was able to see the knock on the gauge.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd be interested to see if there are gains after 93 with stock tune.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
What gear were the pulls made in?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I'd be interested to see if there are gains after 93 with stock tune.
Its on the forum here somewhere that gains where made with stock tune on race fuel.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Found this, first 3 runs are pump gas and the last 3 are race gas (Sunoco 260GTX) 98 OCT

Sponsored

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
I am going to dyno the car Friday with Torco added. I'll let you know how my numbers compare. We have 93 here and I added 32oz of Torco last week and the tank is about gone. I am going to add another 32oz bottle and fill up tomorrow and according to the math it should have me around 98 or 99. Not sure on what dyno they have but I will find all of that out.
I would not put torco in your car or any other additives for that matter. Octane boosters are junk and torco will foul your plugs and hurt your sensors. Your better off finding a sunoco with 100 octane pump or just sticking with 93.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
We recently sent out a mail tune for a gt350. The shop strapped it to the dyno and sent us the graph. 93 octane, kooks headers with green cats, and JLT intake.
gt350 dyno.PNG

OP
OP
PositiveGMotorworks

PositiveGMotorworks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
She's all better now ...

I had another dyno today. The things I changed were the following:

1. A couple tanks of 93 octane gas from different gas stations.
2. Found a leak with my UPR catch can on the driver's side. The unit was actually broken. It looked like the heat broken the glued connection maybe. So I had a slight PVC leak before. Replaced with a JLT on that side.
3. I reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins a few days ago.
4. Removed a clamped heat shield on my straight pipe where the resonators once were to make sure I wasn't getting false knock from an exhaust rattle, etc.

This was a different dyno local to me but still a DynoJet and this was SAE and not STD calibration.

I also bought a Lund nGauge and have been watching my KnockR parameters for about a week. Under full throttle, the ECU does pull about 2-3 degrees of timing. The dyno operator data logged my dyno pulls this time as well and saw the same thing. We also tracked the Air/Fuel ratio this time.

So here is the chart. Note how at the beginning of the run before 5500 RPM the AF ratio shows a lean condition and then how after 5500 RPM the mixture goes pretty rich.

i-CZ3VdzJ-X2.jpg

We let the engine cool down for about 10 mins between the runs. Everything is 100% stock except I don't have resonators and I have 305/30 tires on the rear instead of 305/35. Happy again, especially with the torque, and looking forward to seeing how much I can get now with intake/headers, and a tune.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
My UPR did the same thing, This car cannot stand a leak, it completely screws the fuel trims. Have you ran 50-100 miles since you fixed it? Have you filled up to trigger the fuel inference protocol? When mine went ape shit the inferred ALC percentage was way off. The car didn't properly command the correct AFR's. My car felt like it lost torque and felt sluggish. I had to fix the problem like you, but also made sure that the car had time to properly establish fuel trims before I beat on it. I used the NGuage to verify that the car had in fact inferred the proper fuel parameters.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Also, even when I tried to reset the ecu, the ALC percentage did not trigger a re-learn as I expected. I had to run enough gas out of the car to fill up and have the ecu detect a greater than 10 percent fuel addition. Once I did this the ALC_Learn flag was reset and my percentage went back to 10. You can monitor both the learn and percentages in the nguage.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.