Sponsored

Rear windows don't always go all the way up

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Sometimes, but not always, after I put the top up, the rear windows won't go all the way up (I always do them first). It's just the last final bit of rotation that they won't do. I can give them a tug, and they move that last little bit and stay. I'm worried that taking it to the dealer will cost me many hours of my life, and not fix my problem, but it may come to that if it happens too often.

Anyone else have this problem, and know the fix?
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
I never had that problem.
Did you try using the convertible top button to see if that works?

On second thought, it's been so long I don't remember if the window go up with that button :frusty:

I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
I never had that problem.
Did you try using the convertible top button to see if that works?

On second thought, it's been so long I don't remember if the window go up with that button :frusty:

I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm :thumbsup:
They don't. After you put the top up, you have to windows separately.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Sometimes, but not always, after I put the top up, the rear windows won't go all the way up (I always do them first). It's just the last final bit of rotation that they won't do. I can give them a tug, and they move that last little bit and stay. I'm worried that taking it to the dealer will cost me many hours of my life, and not fix my problem, but it may come to that if it happens too often.

Anyone else have this problem, and know the fix?
How do yo mean "tug"? And then move the last little bit and stay? :shrug: is it that you windows don't seat properly and you have to jiggle them to set fully into the top?

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the cj pony vid on how to install a light bar it seems to be a couple of hours at the dealership to repair or adjust them. If there is an adjustment? If not I think you will be looking at another appointment because with our luck of Ford not having the part that is faulty in stock :frusty:

larryi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang vert 2013 boss 302
The dealer has a lube for top of the window.

OP
OP

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
How do yo mean "tug"? And then move the last little bit and stay? :shrug: is it that you windows don't seat properly and you have to jiggle them to set fully into the top?
...As the window comes up and rotates into place, it stops just before it's completely up. Leaves a little gap between it and the front window at the top. If I pull on it, the window finishes rotating into place. And it then stays in place; it doesn't fall back or anything.

Guess I'll hit the dealer and see about this lube for the window track.

Sponsored

vudumonkey25

DAYMANN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black V6 Vert
Same issue with 500 miles on the car. I could stick my finger in where the back window was supposed to go into the roof. I brought it back and they said it was off its track and it has worked so far since.

If I rolled them up and push it up at the same time it would close which i need to do as a rain storm was coming.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Yup, I've had similar problem twice in a year. My dealer checked both times to make sure window wasn't off track, ended up lubing the gasket along the roof with silicone spray and then the windows were fine. From what I've seen here, it seems to happen to some people and not others.

OP
OP

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Just to follow up, I bought some silicon lubricant and wiped it on the edges of the windows. Seems to have worked.

Thanks to all who helped.

OP
OP

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Since it popped up again, my windows are still working fine after several months. I'll probably have to lubricate them again, but that's no big deal. The can of silicone lubricant will probably last 150 years at the rate I'm using it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Since it popped up again, my windows are still working fine after several months. I'll probably have to lubricate them again, but that's no big deal. The can of silicone lubricant will probably last 150 years at the rate I'm using it.
Nice to know. Mine started doing this about a month ago
Sponsored