Sat Nav Updates

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Well there is at least two off us. I admit it aint as good as google but I cannot be doing with my phone stuck to my windscreen and then a call coming in just as I hit junction!
ditto
Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Or hit anyone else for that matter

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Pretty much, but google nav / android nav / apple nav / Waze can all do this, like, search for something and go to it etc...
So long as you have signal, and you've not overrun your data allowance. GPS avoids both issues.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So long as you have signal, and you've not overrun your data allowance. GPS avoids both issues.
It does indeed, but if i've got lost and want to navigate to a mcdonalds or to say a hotel that doesn't appear on their maps... how do i do it - I'm driving at this point.. would like hands free just saying 'Navigate Mcdonalds' for instance like Android car play has.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Only gripe I have with the sat nav is that I can't say "Mcdonalds near me" and it'll take me there, I have to find it... Better than nothing i guess :)

Android auto would be goals, as that's so good and does just that (uses google maps)
It probably can do it:)

It just doesn't understand yam yam:lol::lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It probably can do it:)

It just doesn't understand yam yam:lol::lol:
It understands me fine ;)! Maybe the nav needs a setup for 'google XYZ'

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Trying to get back on topic, are the new F6 maps available yet for Sync 2? Any idea on prices...?

My car came with F4 and just missed teh F5 update, so am thinking about going to F6 soon. (having said that, the F4 maps aren't too bad - we aren't building too many new roads at the moment)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to get back on topic, are the new F6 maps available yet for Sync 2? Any idea on prices...?

My car came with F4 and just missed teh F5 update, so am thinking about going to F6 soon. (having said that, the F4 maps aren't too bad - we aren't building too many new roads at the moment)
You drive a 2016, impossible to have 'missed' the F5 as that was fords 2015 map upgrade, just dealer being stingey ;)! F6 I believe is already out and has been for a few months.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Im not sure the F6 is out yet, at least not for Sync 2. Theres nothing on eBay or similar.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Im not sure the F6 is out yet, at least not for Sync 2. Theres nothing on eBay or similar.
Yeah just had a hunt couldn't find it on the parts catalogue, could have sworn my dealer told me they were released yearly :shrug::frusty:

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
You drive a 2016, impossible to have 'missed' the F5 as that was fords 2015 map upgrade, just dealer being stingey ;)! F6 I believe is already out and has been for a few months.
I did "push back" on them about it, but they wouldn't budge - saying it came with F5 so that's what I got. I did ask who/where the SD cardds were loaded and they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me.

From some digging, it looks like the new SD maps are released in Jan - Mar of each year, and like you I also can't see any F6 maps anywhere as yet.

My wife just picked up her new Citroen C3 a couple of weeks ago; her satnav gets updated over wifi apparantly - 5 years of updates included...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They may not do the SD cards any more. Most new cars have them done wirelessly. Sync 3 doesn't have a SD card right?
Correct, it doesn't... I'll load my car to the Wifi tonight see if there's an update, assume map updates may need to be done by USB then if F5 is the final variant? :shrug:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Correct, it doesn't... I'll load my car to the Wifi tonight see if there's an update, assume map updates may need to be done by USB then if F5 is the final variant? :shrug:
I would guess that your sat nav is now obsolete and there won't be any updates

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess that your sat nav is now obsolete and there won't be any updates
It was obsolete when I got the car :lol::lol: Any in car sat nav is VS google maps!
Sponsored