Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wow....after running across this thread, it might be time to hop up the ol' lady's Tiguan.

:lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
Well the person who was going to install my headers this week backed out because they were too busy, looks like I'm going to take a beating this weekend

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm going with probably not.:cheers:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I have a coworker with a Golf R manual and I'm trying to convince him to run at the strip but he's admittedly scared of running against my car. I'm hoping to get out to MIR some time in April. We would both be on street tires.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well the person who was going to install my headers this week backed out because they were too busy, looks like I'm going to take a beating this weekend
You already have cat deletes, my guess is you are only 15 to 20 whp away from your hp goal. Traction is going to be your real enemy. I would suggest removing your rear seat setup entirely, and trunk carpeting, throw a 40 lb sand bag at the very back of your trunk, 1/8 tank e85, race gas or 93 octane with torco octane booster, lower your rear tire pressures to 27 psi, and hope for the best :cheers:

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Just my opinion but i would not run with anything less then a 1/4 tank of fuel.Ive tried it before and my after a really hard launch when i hit 2nd gear the car starting breaking up because it was running out of fuel.I was a right at or tad below an 1/8 tank.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have a coworker with a Golf R manual and I'm trying to convince him to run at the strip but he's admittedly scared of running against my car. I'm hoping to get out to MIR some time in April. We would both be on street tires.
The manuals are at least a half second slower, and with a bad driver (launching manual turbo AWD isn't easy) it could go very wrong. It's the DSG dual clutch with Launch Control that makes these cars hard to benchmark.

Also, the MK6 and MK7s are both Golf Rs...

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You already have cat deletes, my guess is you are only 15 to 20 whp away from your hp goal. Traction is going to be your real enemy. I would suggest removing your rear seat setup entirely, and trunk carpeting, throw a 40 lb sand bag at the very back of your trunk, 1/8 tank e85, race gas or 93 octane with torco octane booster, lower your rear tire pressures to 27 psi, and hope for the best :cheers:
Thanks for the advice. I always put in some 93 octane booster for the track and since I have slicks I'm probably going to lower them down to about 18psi. I'm going to try to take out the rear seat hopefully it's not too hard

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I put the sandbag in the back of the trunk will it help traction? Or will I be good with just removing the rear seats? Looks like removal is pretty easy

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys he says he got jb4 on top of his APR tune, anyone know what that means or if it will give him an advantage?

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Hey guys he says he got jb4 on top of his APR tune, anyone know what that means or if it will give him an advantage?
It is a tuner unit. I don't know what he would need it for if he already uses an APR tune. I think you can control boost and other sensors with it.

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a tuner unit. I don't know what he would need it for if he already uses an APR tune. I think you can control boost and other sensors with it.
Does that mean he could increase the boost levels for just one run to beat me? I know he still has stock intercooler.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
JB4 is mainly a BMW thing. I have a friend that is WAYYYYYY into BMW. And he has them on all his Bimmers. He currently has a big turbos swapped 16 M3 making 600whp. He had a JB tune on his 11 M3 and it would outrun my mild bolt on 11 Camaro SS by two cars.

OP
OP
Sunburst

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JB4 is mainly a BMW thing. I have a friend that is WAYYYYYY into BMW. And he has them on all his Bimmers. He currently has a big turbos swapped 16 M3 making 600whp. He had a JB tune on his 11 M3 and it would outrun my mild bolt on 11 Camaro SS by two cars.
Yeah I noticed when I searched it a lot of BMW owners used it but also saw a VW GTi using it stacked on an apr stage 2 tune and it was quick
Sponsored