Procharged V6 at the track

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Lbs_Nm4Fufw[/MEDIA]"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbs_Nm4Fufw[/ame]

The Drivers Edge event on 3/25 and 3/26 at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson Texas.
On Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires (340tw). First time at the track with the Procharger just doing a shakedown to see how it would do. It has upgraded Mustang GT front 4 piston calipers and 14" rotors with stock Motorcraft pads. The pads were not up to the task and broke apart into pieces after this session. Coolant temps were good but oil temps got in the yellow after 4 laps. I really think for track driving the 3.55 gears would be a lot better than the 3.15 I have.
So for next time I will get an oil cooler and better brake pads.
added second video from my dash cam.
[ame]
picture.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Nice driving DR. Real tracking I agree 3.55 or 3.73 would be better as our 3.15 is more suited for normal driving. I was wondering about break fade but not pad disintegration. Are you planning more track sessions?
BTW Looking sharp. Petty 43?

When I first saw the title I thought it would be just driving in a straight line. Happily wrong.

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I only plan to track the car a few weekends a year so I don't want to go off the deep end with track mods and make the car terrible on the street. I knew the brake pads would not be good on the track so I was really holding back in the brake zones. Even doing so the pads disintegrated so I obviously need to address that with a pad that can handle more temp. I have some oil cooler parts that I can piece together to get something that can handle a few more laps.
I met a guy with a twin turbo GT that has an automatic with the 3.55 gears and the aluminum diff carrier. He wants to trade me complete diffs so I might do that for the better gearing and the weight savings.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I was going to ask if you were planning more track focused mods but I understand that track focus mods are pretty bad for normal driving. Still pretty cool that you track your car though.

One question though, what is that app on your phone? It seems to show track time and throttle/brake graphics.

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
The phone app is Harry's Lap Timer. I've used it for many years and it continues to get better and better with updates.

Got some pro shots of the car today. Added 2nd video to original post.
picture.jpg

Here I'm the pace car fo the Spec Miata race.. j/k
picture.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
Awesome stuff, happy to see the 6 getting so many point-byes on the track :cheers:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I am looking into the procharger for my V6 same year same gears and auto is it really worth the 5K or should I just get a GT ? not tracking it just want more power and the 3.7 is almost bullet prof I hear

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
If you want the V8 grumble sound then get the GT. However, from a performance standpoint the Procharger V6 has more horsepower, is lighter, and gets better MPG than the GT.
Sponsored