OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Bringing this one back from the dead :)

So I've been spending a lot of time reading through other threads and getting a feeling for what options are :headbang:
And talking to insurance companies to get quotes for the Mustang and my other car that I am going to keep :frusty:

For licence plates I definitely don't want the standard block mount things so I'll speak to the dealer to make sure they don't drill the bumper.
I've looked at Sto'n'Sho but as I said in another thread I'm not convinced about the looks of them yet with the plate attached that low - I want to see one in the metal so I guess I better get myself along to a meet :)
In the meantime I think I will go for a 3M tape to the bumper to keep my options open and will get an ali plate. Can then keep that or remove and do something else.
Just have to decide on whether to get a private plate now haha!

Other things I am thinking:
- Tyres. With the car arriving in probably late April (cross fingers) it should be starting to warm up so hopefully the P Zeros won't suck quite so hard over the summer with higher temperatures. Then I'll look to change them late summer to Michelin PS 4's , by which time hopefully the right size will be available!
- Handling. Thinking of the Steeda IRS kit - seems to have a big bang for the buck impact on the handling and reportedly easy to fit. SOunds good to me!
- Cosmetics.
Right now, considering vinyl for the tail lights to go red a la US models, but will wait to see how I go with the clears for a few weeks I think.
Also have new wheels on the list, but not immediately, will look around and get some ideas.
And tints on the read quarter windows - need to work out what % to go for and who to go to for them
- Preservation. May get it undersealed properly. Not too far from Modurstang, but need to give it some thought on whether to do it or not.

I realise this list is tiny by the standard of some of the epic projects a lot fo you folks have done, but I'll take my time and find my way with the improvements I think!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Bringing this one back from the dead :)

So I've been spending a lot of time reading through other threads and getting a feeling for what options are :headbang:
And talking to insurance companies to get quotes for the Mustang and my other car that I am going to keep :frusty:

For licence plates I definitely don't want the standard block mount things so I'll speak to the dealer to make sure they don't drill the bumper.
I've looked at Sto'n'Sho but as I said in another thread I'm not convinced about the looks of them yet with the plate attached that low - I want to see one in the metal so I guess I better get myself along to a meet :)
In the meantime I think I will go for a 3M tape to the bumper to keep my options open and will get an ali plate. Can then keep that or remove and do something else.
Just have to decide on whether to get a private plate now haha!

Other things I am thinking:
- Tyres. With the car arriving in probably late April (cross fingers) it should be starting to warm up so hopefully the P Zeros won't suck quite so hard over the summer with higher temperatures. Then I'll look to change them late summer to Michelin PS 4's , by which time hopefully the right size will be available!
- Handling. Thinking of the Steeda IRS kit - seems to have a big bang for the buck impact on the handling and reportedly easy to fit. SOunds good to me!
- Cosmetics.
Right now, considering vinyl for the tail lights to go red a la US models, but will wait to see how I go with the clears for a few weeks I think.
Also have new wheels on the list, but not immediately, will look around and get some ideas.
And tints on the read quarter windows - need to work out what % to go for and who to go to for them
- Preservation. May get it undersealed properly. Not too far from Modurstang, but need to give it some thought on whether to do it or not.

I realise this list is tiny by the standard of some of the epic projects a lot fo you folks have done, but I'll take my time and find my way with the improvements I think!

- Pzero is fine in Summer, around October line lock them until they die and then fit PS4S (hopefully available then) if not MPSS or PS3/PS4 (PS3/PS4 have more grip in cold weather compared to MPSS/PS4S).
- BMR CB005 is better, does the job of three Steeda parts and has no downsides apart from a touch added harshness over bumps. Though the Steeda parts are also fine but BMR kit is just a better piece of engineering and even from US is cheaper than buying the three seperate Steeda items, unless of course Steeda decide to do a promo on their kit. I also think Guy at Nemesis shall be stocking CB005 very soon. :)

If you go new wheels, stick to 10" wide all round, far better choice of tyres as then you can fit a 275-295 width without looking stretched or bloated and both MPSS and PS4S available in 285/35/20 and MPSS has lots of 19" sizes whilst availability last.

Also remember one of the best modifications on these cars is to lower and add spacers/new wheels to get the lovely look. The best springs are Ford/Eibach ones, but they may no longer be available or will come back at a much higher price soon. These work perfect with PP dampers as the spring rate is slightly lower than stock PP springs. :)

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where abouts in the U.K. Are you?
I have tints, sto n sho and light tints. If you near me feel free to come have a look or I will be at some local meets the next few weeks
Cheers Jimboy :thumbsup:

Just noticed that my mini profile thing helpfully just says 'UK'! Will update that.
I'm in Bucks, High Wycombe area. Will see what I can do about getting up your way.

I'm just going to sit back and wait to see who jumps on that one.... :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Amersham, I pick my car up on Saturday and have sto n sho and tints to rear windows fitted already although I am yet to see them in the flesh, you are welcome to check them out. Seems to be a cluster of cars appearing in this part of the world now.
Indeed! Hope I see you about when I go to visit the parents in Little Chalfont!

Have a great day on Saturday - enjoy! Jealous!

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep a look out if you go up via cokes lane then, as long as you are not blind you shouldn't have a problem spotting it!
That should be pretty easy - my folks live on one of the roads off Cokes Lane, I walked it on Saturday to have dinner with them at the Turkish place in the village :)

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Confession time - actually have no idea what this means! :D:doh:

These work perfect with PP dampers as the spring rate is slightly lower than stock PP springs. :)

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had a thought. I'm going to ask that the dealer doesn't drill the front bumper and uses tape on the plate. But what about the rear plate? I don't actually know what the 'standard' mount is - is it as big and ugly as the front??

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a thought. I'm going to ask that the dealer doesn't drill the front bumper and uses tape on the plate. But what about the rear plate? I don't actually know what the 'standard' mount is - is it as big and ugly as the front??
It's ugly, not as ugly as the front, i'd tape them all, even though there's mounts for the rear. :lol:

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Getting excited here too. My GBGT is being built on Monday!!

I really wish I could get a pic of her half built on the line, she'd look great with all her bits missing!!

I also cancelled my Focus RS today. Dealer messing around!!

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting excited here too. My GBGT is being built on Monday!!

I really wish I could get a pic of her half built on the line, she'd look great with all her bits missing!!

I also cancelled my Focus RS today. Dealer messing around!!
I found once you know it's built the waiting gets harder! Haha!
I can tell you that when it's on the boat to Southampton the waiting is killing me! Good luck, hope you get the Focus issues sorted.

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So as an update, I spoke to the dealers today and they have the car delivered to them!!
I was so excited! And clearly the only thing to do was to head down there - luckily I was off work today anyway and heading in that direction. Like I wouldn't have gone anyway, but I appreciate the coincidence!

So here it is, sitting in the dealership delivery compound :D
They aren't sure if they can get it ready for this weekend as the service dept is shut for the bank holiday on Friday (damn you Good Friday! Never thought I'd say that), but I said I want it as soon as they can get it ready!

I took the plateholders away and repeated that I want the plates stuck on with 3M, talked through all the extras they will try and sell me :)

Some questions:
- Extended warranty is on offer. Are Mustang's proving fairly reliable so far, any need for extending it?
- Service plan. Not sure this is much cheaper than just paying for services individually, anyone have any experience of it?
- Rear licence plate. I took the holder but it looks like there are holes in the rear bumper as part of the fabrication. Or am I misunderstanding what I was seeing? If they are, any issues with having the plate taped over them?
EDITED to say - think I just saw the answer to whether there are mounts for the rear manufactured into the bumper in Manders comment a few above that there are mounts for the rear :)

Last edited:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Extended warranty - depends how long your keeping it, but should be on offer before the 3yr one runs out

Service plan - Fords actual plan is not too bad re VFM, just check it's not the dealers own plan, they are robbing bastards.

Rear Licence plate - The plate will cover any holes, although I'm not aware of any holes that are pre drilled.

Have a great day picking up and just enjoy the car :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Extended warranty - depends how long your keeping it, but should be on offer before the 3yr one runs out

Service plan - Fords actual plan is not too bad re VFM, just check it's not the dealers own plan, they are robbing bastards.

Rear Licence plate - The plate will cover any holes, although I'm not aware of any holes that are pre drilled.

Have a great day picking up and just enjoy the car :thumbsup:
I'm intending to keep it for a good few years.
I was told today that the extended warranty is only available to the point of collection, not afterwards. Which sounds odd, but there we go.

I got the run down on the Ford and dealership service plans. That one is *more* expensive than Ford's! :lol:
Sponsored