Impact of Mods on insurance?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I have no idea to be honest, I struggle with enthusiast insurers as apparently at under 25 I can't be an enthusiast, but knowledge, experience etc would dictate otherwise. Morons with their ageist agenda lol! :lol::thumbsup:

Out of interest online which section did you go into to begin your quote? As there's many different ones (Classic, Future Classic, Modern Clasic, American Car etc etc)?
When i 1st joined in 2012 it was the American car section, so when I decided to get the S550, spoke to them, and when I sold the S197 parked up the insurance till I got the S550. The price was all agreed so just moved onto the new price.
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Well, Classic line was a bust. £1080 with an axle back exhaust and over body stripes. 10,000 miles, 46 years old with a clean licence in a very low crime area.

Ridiculous!
Have you ever driven a V8 before?
Classicline do also include Breakdown home and Europe

As for Steve, age will go against you, but I would swap your age for my insurance :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22082]goldengooner[/MENTION] i'll have a chat with them, see what they can do.

And yeah, that whole V8, well not just V8, sports car in general, and RWD does go against people on certain insurance if you don't have a year of experience with one before, it did with me on A-Plan for year 1 :)!

I'd swap age for the bank balance that could sustain an insurance companies thorough a$$ fking lol.

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
[MENTION=22082]goldengooner[/MENTION] i'll have a chat with them, see what they can do.

And yeah, that whole V8, well not just V8, sports car in general, and RWD does go against people on certain insurance if you don't have a year of experience with one before, it did with me on A-Plan for year 1 :)!

I'd swap age for the bank balance that could sustain an insurance companies thorough a$$ fking lol.
That's not it with mate. I had a Porsche Cayman S and previous to that I had a C63 AMG. There is no logic here.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's not it with mate. I had a Porsche Cayman S and previous to that I had a C63 AMG. There is no logic here.
Well, that's just stupid, I'm on the phone with Adrian flux at the minute.... "Are you a member of any clubs?" "Do you want the list???" :lol:. Seems a nice enough chap, but Nice is not equal to a good quote price

Edit... they just go tback to me, £4309.87.... YEAHHHHH not gonna happen guys, not gonna happen. Speciality young person insurers, my ar$e

Sponsored

RyStang72

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uptownimaging.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Don't call them straight off, get a basic online then add mods via a call.

I just got a £336 quote online (direct line), added x4 mods (exhaust, lowered, speakers, tints) and it pushed it up to a whopping £368 !!

not going to complain

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I just got a £336 quote online (direct line), added x4 mods (exhaust, lowered, speakers, tints) and it pushed it up to a whopping £368 !!

not going to complain
Directline only charged me an 'update fee' for my mods, as they were all 'aesthetical and non power enhancing' the joys :lol:.

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT

not going to complain
Got a quote from them £355 with mods and Sporting Bears Dream rides covered too. Excellent tip, thanks. I'd probably never have even tried them.

JB
Sponsored