Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Us dealerships require you to check the car in for the warranty work! So i'll pay the $63 to keep my car from being mishandled by the dealership!
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Im going to pay because i dont want any dealership touching my car especially after i modded it!
My car is a CS import with Blis, my dealer had one flown over and fitted it for free. Its a 5min job, not even Ford can screw that up can they ?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Us dealerships require you to check the car in for the warranty work! So i'll pay the $63 to keep my car from being mishandled by the dealership!
Check it in, do the work yourself, just about pitching it to them that works (Saves them time etc etc)

[MENTION=22082]goldengooner[/MENTION] bearing in mind dealerships have been ordering the wrong ones, have been fitting htem without testing and generally have been pretty shocking (overall) in the UK... Yes that's entirley possible.

Put it this way, puddle lamps literally took me 10 seconds a side to replace, they're THAT simple.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
having worked at a few dealerships in the past, i know what to expect. These are the words you dont want to hear when the lot boy hands you your keys. " what did you do to this car, that thing is fast"!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
having worked at a few dealerships in the past, i know what the expect. These are the words you dont want to hear when the lot boy hands you your keys. " what did you do to this car, that thing is fast"!
Or when I picked mine up "your car sounded mean, is it a V8?" - "no it's an ecoboost you've just worked on it" "Ah man sounded well good on idle" - Gets inside and checks MPG/M to E - Down by about 20... yeah some dickheads been revving it :frusty:

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ha, tell me that didn't actually happen??!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, tell me that didn't actually happen??!
Oh it did, it was the service desk guy, the head technitian corrected him buy said he loved the sound it made, said it 'Sounded nice for a Ecoboost' and was 'Amazed how an exhaust could change it that much' and that 'they soudnd cr4p from stock'.

This was after I'd had my underseal done, mind you, it was a welcome compliment as I'd found out 2 days before my Grandad had passed away :(

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Update on puddle lamps.

Appears a new version has been shipped (Old on the right, new on the left) Looks like the lense (Clean bit) has been injected behind the plastic seal)

Had both mine done today even though only one was faulty. Apparently the Ford dealers are replacing both sides with the new design routinely. So I assume if you have the old 'paper'? type, you can just go in to the dealer for a swap out, rather than wait until your puddle light resembles a Stegosaurus etc.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had both mine done today even though only one was faulty. Apparently the Ford dealers are replacing both sides with the new design routinely. So I assume if you have the old 'paper'? type, you can just go in to the dealer for a swap out, rather than wait until your puddle light resembles a Stegosaurus etc.
I hope so trying to get mine sent up!

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Any idea when new builds may have started to get the new light units, or know if there's a way to check?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea when new builds may have started to get the new light units, or know if there's a way to check?
See picture quoted above, if they look more like the quoted picture, (on the left) then they're 'new' if they're on the right they're 'old'

Easiest tell tale is if under ur wing mirror the puddle lamp is black with a clear small circle = New.
if they're clear = Old.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Stick your phone under and take a picture then compare with the versions shown above.

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Cheers [MENTION=6713]Manders and [MENTION=15533]slowhand99- my mustang hasn't arrived yet so didn't realise it was visible rather than hidden deeper in the wing mirror unit!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Stick your phone under and take a picture then compare with the versions shown above.
If you said that and had an OMM i'd have the perfect joke, but as you picked the best colour, i'll refrain! :love: