Sponsored

Mustang GT4.R vs Camaro (ZL1 1LE)GT4.R

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
How would one know that the Mustangs did well. They never get the cameras off the dammed ST cars. If the field were 30 GS cars and 4 ST cars we still would have to watch the ST race.
I just kept track on the live scoring. To must ST like you said. Last year wasn't great either as the GS class had few cars. Hopefully it will keep growing, and with the Camaro in the next round, the class hopefully will get more exposure.:cheers:
Sponsored

Momentum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss302R, Z28, R8, Porsche GT3 Cup
The Mustangs running in the race haven't been homologated yet. Ford says they are close to what the final car will look like. Most competitors felt Ford would run away with it.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They added 45kg BoP since Daytona, it will be interesting what they do to it next.

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I just kept track on the live scoring. To must ST like you said. Last year wasn't great either as the GS class had few cars. Hopefully it will keep growing, and with the Camaro in the next round, the class hopefully will get more exposure.:cheers:
It's a sure bet the Camaros will get lots of exposure on camera. For their first race they will likely come in underbopped while the Mustangs will pay dearly for their successful pit strategy and Jack Roush's hero run through the field.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
How would one know that the Mustangs did well. They never get the cameras off the dammed ST cars. If the field were 30 GS cars and 4 ST cars we still would have to watch the ST race.
That run by Jack Roush Jr from last to 6th(?) should have been followed all the way. Then I would have been ready to accept some BOP.
Those nissans running against the caymans get boring real fast. Maxwell took the lead but no coverage. The streaming broadcast is just horrible. Hard to watch those ST cars. :frusty:

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT w/ Performance Pack
I wish they would show the GT races on free tv, instead of NASCAR...What channel are the GT races on anyways?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

A design by Wolf Island, but take notice of the portion below the bumper cover. This is the direction of the 2019-2020 (and grandfathered turn key FR2021 cars) and it is a watered down version of the GT500.

I hope you can see the pic :(

Regardless, the new headlamp angles were designed to complement these air dam openings. I believe the reason the GT500 waited until the 2018 refresh is because it looked a lot like the '15-'17 Roush. The power dome would have made the face Rhino-ish and thick. The bumper needs to come down and that's what the '18 does while maintaining grill area and creating a sweeping intake below the belt.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I wish they would show the GT races on free tv, instead of NASCAR...What channel are the GT races on anyways?
FS1. Also go to IMSA.com

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
They do, but a week later. You can watch it all on FS1 next weekend.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
When I checked the schedule earlier in the week, the CTSC race was not on the list for IMSA Live TV (http://imsatv.imsa.com/). When I checked again on Friday, it was carried live, but only for about 1/4 of the GS race. The rest was those dammed STs.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I know the commentators on the FS1 broadcast are different than the IMSA.TV guys, I just hope it's a different camera treatment too.

Sounds like the Mustang GT4 will back from the SRO GT4 certification by April. I wonder what they will be doing with it's BoP for world wide competition? I'm looking forward to seeing them race in Europe and Asia. Does anyone know why they aren't running yet in PWC, are they waiting for the certs?

Momentum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss302R, Z28, R8, Porsche GT3 Cup
Having campaigned cars in Rolex and PWC, I'm guessing the PWC BOP committee was going to be heavy handed with the cars absent certification. No reason to run a race you have no chance of winning or at least be competitive. Conversely, I heard IMSA was generous and let the Ford's run-what-they-brung.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Having campaigned cars in Rolex and PWC, I'm guessing the PWC BOP committee was going to be heavy handed with the cars absent certification. No reason to run a race you have no chance of winning or at least be competitive. Conversely, I heard IMSA was generous and let the Ford's run-what-they-brung.
Well they did add 45kg. after the first race in Daytona.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We are trying to get a public, official response as to why the GT4 Camaro deleted the front bumper.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=dc3e7b6168fbc9569276c8ef0b80d49d&oe=595A3101

We know what the response will be...

Unfortunately, and as thePill stated awhile back, even the LT1 in traffic has a hard time breathing. Many Camaro fans hate to admit it but, the use of the ZL1 configuration was intentional in order to maximize airflow to the radiator.

You can see the bumper was redesigned into a ram-like bumper to open up the radiator. P.S., no AC either :lol:

There is zero confidence in the base models fascia for anything performance related. Logic should tell you this after examination of the Black Dog GT4... It is completely open and unachievable for many buyers in order to maximize :(

The 2016-'17 Camaro needs refreshed ASAP.
Sponsored