bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you boys don't care about a tenth or two? Why visit the vs section? 95% of everything discussed here is 1/4 mile. What are we supposed to be impressed with exactly? The fact it will get to sixty faster than a stock GT. (Big deal) Maybe the fact your paying 35 large for a car that's less practical then a 12 grand Versa? How the hell does this stuff end up in the VS section.? Let's do a smart car vs Mustang comparo. That would be fun....And makes just as much sense as this thread!.
Sponsored

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Right, so the only way to compare cars is to see whether it does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds or 4.7 seconds

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What would you prefer trunk space? Combined gas mileage? Here's one you should like. How does the little electric motorized monstrousity handle compared to a Mustang? Some comparisons are just stupid! Notice automotive magazines are Not comparing these to cars?

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Who cares about the last few tenths of a second?
Not me.

I could care less that a bone stock 16+ Camaro SS is 5/10-7/10 sec quicker than my bone stock '16 GT. I don't like it's ergonomics, so it doesn't even come up on my radar.

Tesla P100D is a $150,000 car with TT&L but will run 10.70's in the Qtr. right off the show room floor ...
For me, a Maglite on wheels makes not a car. Would never consider one, at any price.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
[ame]...

Look I'm not into electric cars, I don't think they're not answer to use less gas (oil), cost to much and they weight a lot. I do see where electric car died off at speed.

For the record this is same fight in R/C cars electric vs nitro at tracks.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
In C&D's yearly Lightning Lap test, I think they've yet to complete a single lap in anything electric without the batteries overheating and it going into limp mode.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/tesla-model-s-p85d-at-lightning-lap-2016-feature
"We expected a slowish overall lap because of our experience with the car during acceleration testing. Electric wiring resistance and losses converting maximum DC-battery watts to AC-motor horses generate a lot of heat. And too much heat can permanently damage the battery, so the car protects itself by limiting current flow."

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I could care less that a bone stock 16+ Camaro SS is 5/10-7/10 sec quicker than my bone stock '16 GT. I don't like it's ergonomics, so it doesn't even come up on my radar..:
I call BS. 6G is all about finding reasons to "prefer the club we already joined." :) We all care about tenths, especially when of those 10 start equal multiple car lengths at the quarter-mile! The faster car isn't necessarily the one we pick but I don't believe anyone on this forum who pretends that they don't care.

Besides, if ergonomics was your top priority, a Mustang would never be the best car in this category. As a matter fact, a Tesla would probably kick the Mustang's tail lights in that category too. :p

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I call BS. 6G is all about finding reasons to "prefer the club we already joined." :) We all care about tenths, especially when of those 10 start equal multiple car lengths at the quarter-mile! The faster car isn't necessarily the one we pick but I don't believe anyone on this forum who pretends that they don't care.

Besides, if ergonomics was your top priority, a Mustang would never be the best car in this category. As a matter fact, a Tesla would probably kick the Mustang's tail lights in that category too. :p
I call BS. 6G is all about respecting Ford's work with the Mustang, not "preferring the club we already joined." :) It's crystal clear most people don't care about tenths as many will never make anything close to a quarter mile pass! The faster car is simply that, the faster car, and I don't believe everyone is unaware that forums attract the narrow band of people who have been preconditioned to caring about such things.

Besides, if performance was your top priority, you'd get a crotch rocket and be done with it. As a matter of fact, even 4 wheeled Maglites are temporarily faster in a straight line, but none have been able to complete a road course without overheating and going into limp mode. :p

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Lol... right. That's why you bought the V6 model, right?
Too bad they didn't offer "sour grape" as a paint color.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Lol... right. That's why you bought the V6 model, right?
Too bad they didn't offer "sour grape" as a paint color.
LOL... wrong. I've owned one V6 Mustang and one V6 Camaro.

The other dozen Mustangs I had were V8's, but not because they were "tenths faster/tenths slower" than any other car.

Too bad they didn't offer Fastball's "Out of My Head" in the car's audio system.

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto

I'm not sure I understand your point. Would it be nice if the mustang was the faster? Sure, but that's usually not the only reason you buy a car. The question a lot of buyers had was, is it worth it to be a little faster for the price increase and other factors that might be important(visibility, daily driving, space, looks, etc.)

And ergonomics in this case probably meant looks.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I'm not sure I understand your point.
Cool, I'm not the only one then!

... is it worth it to be a little faster for the price increase and other factors that might be important(visibility, daily driving, space, looks, etc.)
Right there, those three in red. That's the reason why decades of driving sports cars had me choosing Mustangs.
:ford:
Sponsored