Sponsored

LED Switchback for the EU Mustang - Yes it's real! (and almost plug'n'play)

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Rubyred
I have the same switchbacks from the same supplier. Mine work with engine off but not with the engine running, a. Did you install them yet ? And do your's work with running engine? If yes, did you use the loom and connect it to the wipers or to the small drl next to the surnsignal?
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I have a set of switchbacks + matching led parking light bulbs from the Dutch supplier (ProLedLight) for sale. New in box, unused. Total value EUR 55,90, selling for EUR 35. PM me for info.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I have the same switchbacks from the same supplier. Mine work with engine off but not with the engine running, a. Did you install them yet ? And do your's work with running engine? If yes, did you use the loom and connect it to the wipers or to the small drl next to the surnsignal?
Where did you get the power from for the switchbacks ?

Did you splice them to wipers power signal or to the parking power signal ?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I have a set of switchbacks + matching led parking light bulbs from the Dutch supplier (ProLedLight) for sale. New in box, unused. Total value EUR 55,90, selling for EUR 35. PM me for info.
Eric I wish you had told me earlier. I bought a set of switchbacks from ebay acouple of days ago, the same supplier that John used for his switchbacks... Anyway, if they don't work or if they don't match for some reason, I will let you know and if you still have them I will buy them.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Guys, by the way, if you have anything for sale, anything (!), please let me know. I am in the process of updating my car and I might be interested. I am about to buy an Accessport, an intercooler, I am in the process of upgrading my lighting, etc.... So please share info!

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Guys, by the way, if you have anything for sale, anything (!), please let me know.
My JLT CAI and my SCT X4 EU tuner are for sale (both used for about 6 months).

I also have a brand new set of Roush rocker panel winglets.

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Rubyred
To John577 : I connected the switchbacks to the small square drl's next to the turnsignals lights. I also tried to connect them directly to the battery but that didn't change anything, once the engine is running, the white leds stay on, with engine off everything is fine, they work as they should do.
As a friend of mine suggested (electronics engineer) to place some capacitors between + en - , i tried several values but nothing solved the problem.

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Rubyred
Update ; My switchbacks finally work !
But not the one's i initialy bought from the dutsch supplier (proledlights), those are the one's that diid not work properly. I bought a new set from china : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/201392316986
These are pretty simular but triangle instead of square : left one's are from Proledlight (that did not work properly) , the one's on the right are the china made:
received_10155040645922887 (Small).jpeg

These work perfectly with engine running ! Untill i connected the lighted pony grill emblem to thesame square lights that provide power to the white leds of the switchbacks (drivers side). At that point the orange leds from the switchbacks flicker when blinking with engine running. I then connected the lighted pony emblem to the square light on the passenger side which is not connected to the switchbacks in any way, and now everything is running flawlessly ! Finally !

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
I think this could be quite an interesting result; several people (myself included) are still having problems with switchback flickering when the engine is on. I have tried both the units that John577 used and those that Papinist used, with no luck. It sounds like whatever is different with the chinese ones, has solved the problem for you :) :cheers:

Update ; My switchbacks finally work !
But not the one's i initialy bought from the dutsch supplier (proledlights), those are the one's that diid not work properly. I bought a new set from china : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/201392316986
These are pretty simular but triangle instead of square : left one's are from Proledlight (that did not work properly) , the one's on the right are the china made:
received_10155040645922887 (Small).jpeg

These work perfectly with engine running ! Untill i connected the lighted pony grill emblem to thesame square lights that provide power to the white leds of the switchbacks (drivers side). At that point the orange leds from the switchbacks flicker when blinking with engine running. I then connected the lighted pony emblem to the square light on the passenger side which is not connected to the switchbacks in any way, and now everything is running flawlessly ! Finally !

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Rubyred
Time will tell, i just installed them today. Maybe you could try this if your orange leds are flickering; Connect a 4700uF Capacitor between the + and - of the blinker power supply (not the power supply to the white leds). They are cheap and i have seen some ppl on youtube with other cars (not mustangs) where this solved the flickering with running engine. It would have been my next choice of trying to fix the flickering.
I also have a tribar headlight LED set from Diode Dynamics ready to be installed and inside the box there was a note saying; make sure there is no regular OEM lightbulb in the small square parking light, so "no OEM bulb or a led" and they even supplied a set of LED's for the parking lights in the box. Hope that helps, Good luck !

Last edited:

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thread revival.

I think that the following information belongs to this thread, for all those who want to install switchbacks or use LEDs for the turn signal. The resistors described by everybody above, are used in order to avoid hyperflash. However these resistors can get very hot and for that reason they have to be attached somehow on the body of the car, to avoid wire or plastic meltdown.

These resistors don't have to be used anymore. The hyperflash can be eliminated through FORScan, by simply reprogramming the following block:

726-27-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx
X default value: 1 (hyperflash), Change to: 0 (no hyperflash)

Szilu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Szilard
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016 Oxford White
Lifetime

Does anybody have experience of the lifetime of the following product?

https://proledlights.nl/t20-switch-back-leds-white-yellow-en.html

I've installed them only 1 year ago and the white (acting as DRL) "part" seems to be out of business. The turn indicator is working properly, but the other day the DRLs have started to flicker really quickly - both of them - and then left DRL died completely.

(The long cable is connected to the fuse box with a piggy-back fuse, I can imagine the cable can be faulty here - but honestly I do not think it is really probable).

Do you have any suggestion? Shall I try a different set of bulbs?

Thanks,
Szilu

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Does anybody have experience of the lifetime of the following product?

https://proledlights.nl/t20-switch-back-leds-white-yellow-en.html

I've installed them only 1 year ago and the white (acting as DRL) "part" seems to be out of business. The turn indicator is working properly, but the other day the DRLs have started to flicker really quickly - both of them - and then left DRL died completely.

(The long cable is connected to the fuse box with a piggy-back fuse, I can imagine the cable can be faulty here - but honestly I do not think it is really probable).

Do you have any suggestion? Shall I try a different set of bulbs?

Thanks,
Szilu
I’m surprised they lasted a year, I had 2 sets and within 3 month they both went exactly the same way as you describe. Unfortunately the best thing you can do is throw them in the bin.

Szilu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Szilard
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016 Oxford White
Thanks Big G! At least good to know not to waste my time with error detection. I expected LEDs are working "forever"...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, me too. Why don't you contact Prolelights. I am sure they are covered by warranty.
Sponsored