Sponsored

Alternative style LED reverse\rear fog light

zemariacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
hello everyone!
I own an ecoboost mustang, bought in the US when I was living there. I recently moved to Europe and brought it with me. Right now I'm trying to get it approved for european license plate and one of the mandatory things my mustang doesn't have is a rear fog light.
Aside from the OEM part there are plenty of options for the light itself; some of them discussed here. My doubts relate more to the wiring of the fog light to the dashboard switch.
My light switch looks like this one:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-headlight-switch-w-fog-1516.html
I should probably be OK in wiring both front and rear fog lights to the same switch, right? Or do european mustangs come with individual fog switches such as this one:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-head-fog-light-switch-w-level-1516.html

Not sure if I'll do this myself or if I'll have to use a car shop... the wiring might be the trickier part.
I saw that ebay link, but are there any other links to buy parts within the EU? Ordering stuff from across the pond is expensive and can easily get stuck in customs.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Just look for a universal fog light with remote control on/off hand unit. That saves you the hassle of having to run a wire all across your car and drilling into your dash for a fysical switch of having to spring for an expensive original EU part. After inspection simply remove the fog light and only reinstall when you have to go to the next inspection. This is how it's done by a lot of people here because it's the easiest and cheapest way around this issue and you'll never use the fog light anyway.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Agree with Eric.
Just FYI, in Europe we have the second light switch that you posted, the one with individual fog switches and manual lights leveling.

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
After inspection simply remove the fog light and only reinstall when you have to go to the next inspection. This is how it's done by a lot of people here because it's the easiest and cheapest way around this issue and you'll never use the fog light anyway.
Never use fog light? Well although I only use my Mustang during the weekends and mostly when it is good weather I already used it at least two times ... but best is indeed in his cas a temporary solution.

As for annual inspection, went yesterday for first time with Beamer and they did NOT check on fog lights but next to me was an Alfa and he almost passed until the guy checking my car saw that one of the side refectors was missing ... I asked about color and it did not matter as long there is one he said, strange?

zemariacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Thanks guys, I think the remote control option won't do; but many thanks for the suggestions. Since this is to obtain the european (portuguese in my case) license plate, they will conduct a thorough inspection on the car...
I'll be thankful if they don't pick on the size of the rear view mirrors :)

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
iJDM Smoked Lens All-In-One Full LED Rear Fog Light Kit (Tail/Brake, Backup Reverse Functions) For 2015-up Ford Mustang
http://s.aliexpress.com/2euqiMBj
(from AliExpress Android)
Guys this light is on sale at for today on AliExpress, I managed to get it for ÂŁ64! I've ordered the connector too so will see how it all goes when it arrives

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
iJDM Smoked Lens All-In-One Full LED Rear Fog Light Kit (Tail/Brake, Backup Reverse Functions) For 2015-up Ford Mustang
http://s.aliexpress.com/2euqiMBj
(from AliExpress Android)
Guys this light is on sale at for today on AliExpress, I managed to get it for ÂŁ64! I've ordered the connector too so will see how it all goes when it arrives
I was just looking at this, what connector is required? Looks like a lot of spare wires as well from the stock one? :thumbsup:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I was just looking at this, what connector is required? Looks like a lot of spare wires as well from the stock one? :thumbsup:
See below I have ordered it off eBay so will confirm when I get it just so you know you have to buy the internal pins separately.

The connector is about ÂŁ2.50 but you have to buy 20x pins at ÂŁ5! I'll have a few spares :lol:

Just done a bit of research and the connector for our (eu) reverse light is a molex 33481-0401 http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0334810401_CRIMP_HOUSINGS.xml

You need to buy the pins separately which are molex MX150 or MX33000

I'm looking to do the same mod they've bought out smoked ones now so will give it a try and post the results when I get around to getting it done

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
If you can wait I'll confirm if those are the correct ones

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, so what you're saying is the iJDM one from ali, actually has nothing more than wires coming out the back, because usually these kind of mods come with a led board to plug into the previous socket hole (T10 T15 iirc is the size)?

P.S just noticed you're from Lichfield. I'm almost 110% certain I'm the red mustang who flashed at you outside Tesco as I was filling up a few months back (Seen you round a few times as well) as I actually live pretty close to Lichfield.
Most us UK lot are in the UK section not the euro section :p!

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I think I've seen you around too, I have a private plate now so I'm not hard to miss :headbang: although I'm Lichfield way I'm mostly in Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham (daily drive) I spot a fair few couple of black ones, red ones and grey ones.

No unfortunately they're just wires, but I wanted an OEM plug n play so this should do the job, if it works I'll give you some of my spare pins haha :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I think I've seen you around too, I have a private plate OO16REG now so I'm not hard to miss :headbang: although I'm Lichfield way I'm mostly in Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham (daily drive) I spot a fair few couple of black ones, red ones and grey ones.

No unfortunately they're just wires, but I wanted an OEM plug n play so this should do the job, if it works I'll give you some of my spare pins haha :thumbsup:
Sounds good, if it does work let me know and i'll give it a buy.

Yep deffo flashed you as my mrs pointed your reg out and jokingly said "oooooo reg plate" in a sarcastic tone :lol:. There's a guy with a black 5.0 I've flashed at the same junction with NN LL as his reg (Can't remember the Numbers or letters though).

I'm practically unmissable, red with black roof, black wing mirrors, loud as stonk, low, blah blah blah. I stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm actually driving into Birmingham ford tomorrow, adhoc cruise? :thumbsup:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good, if it does work let me know and i'll give it a buy.

Yep deffo flashed you as my mrs pointed your reg out and jokingly said "oooooo reg plate" in a sarcastic tone :lol:. There's a guy with a black 5.0 I've flashed at the same junction with NN LL as his reg (Can't remember the Numbers or letters though).

I'm practically unmissable, red with black roof, black wing mirrors, loud as stonk, low, blah blah blah. I stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm actually driving into Birmingham ford tomorrow, adhoc cruise? :thumbsup:
Awesome I'll be sure to keep a sharp eye out, I get into work really early 6:30am (much to my neighbours dismay) and leave at 4 so if it's anytime after that sure but bham will be gridlocked that way!

I'm keeping my eyes open for a meet I think they've stopped now until March in our area
Sponsored