Sponsored

BBK Shorty Headers

blakmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Planning to buy they shortys soon and my current setup is roush axleback and their is no plan for adding x or h pipes since the sound will be loud.

I have few questions:

1-Would i face any problem with check engine light? i do know that long ones will have and a tune will be a must but not sure about the shorty's.

Is their any cutting? or adding new pipes are must? x or h pipes? or its direct bot-on.

Regards.
Sponsored

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Planning to buy they shortys soon and my current setup is roush axleback and their is no plan for adding x or h pipes since the sound will be loud.

I have few questions:

1-Would i face any problem with check engine light? i do know that long ones will have and a tune will be a must but not sure about the shorty's.

Is their any cutting? or adding new pipes are must? x or h pipes? or its direct bot-on.

Regards.

No tune required, no check engine light problems, just simply remove stock headers and replace with BBK shortys re-using stock gasket and parts. direct bolt on mod

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I don't understand the thinking of spending hundereds of $$$ for curving headers, when your stock exhaust manifold are stright and clean isn't the least resisent a stright line?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
The problem is the stock manifolds have tiny ports

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I don't understand the thinking of spending hundereds of $$$ for curving headers, when your stock exhaust manifold are stright and clean isn't the least resisent a stright line?
The BBK headers change how the exhaust pulses merge. That is why they are called "tuned" headers. This tuning helps with exhaust flow as well as the increased port and tube diameter. Shorty headers produce the same to a little more low end torque and hp then long tube headers. LTs shine in the higher RPMs with more top end HP.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Yeah, i was gunna say from all tge dyno vids ive seen, the shorties perform just about on par with the lt's...mayne 3 to 5hp less at peak hp. Thougg ut seems the shorties make the same, or slightly better tq

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, i was gunna say from all tge dyno vids ive seen, the shorties perform just about on par with the lt's...mayne 3 to 5hp less at peak hp. Thougg ut seems the shorties make the same, or slightly better tq
Yea that is also why I have been debating for awhile now to switch to shorty headers. I love the way the car sounds now but I also love how it sounds with shorties. Add to that the slightly better low end which will be more useful to me in daily driving.... It is tempting...

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
To me the lt's always sounded too harsh to me. That and the tq numbers seemed pretty low. Shorties for sure....plus they are almost half the cost...and theres a few options for h pipes and stuff

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
To me the lt's always sounded too harsh to me. That and the tq numbers seemed pretty low. Shorties for sure....plus they are almost half the cost...and theres a few options for h pipes and stuff
Well I was able to sang up my ceramic LT's at ford nationals (Carlisle) for the same price as chrome shorties so thats why I went LTs!

Lt's need lots of resonation and muffling to sound good to me. The straight pipe no cat approach just doesn't sound good to me. I have got mine to a point where I am happy with it.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
theres arent the ones that remove the sensors correct? and i could still run a resonator delete h pipe with my borla atak? thanks

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Zach, so did you go back to LT or still running shorties?

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Been debating. But really want SS or ceramic coating.
Sponsored