Sponsored

Thicker & Re-Shaped GT350/GT350R Steering Wheels - Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
They look awesome! I do like the idea for it being thicker. However I do prefer Suede to leather on a track wearing gloves, but would be awesome for the street.

I will keep it in mind as I don't have the $$ right now
Yup. The wheel looks great but the suede is unbeatable on the track with the proper set of gloves. When mine wears out, I'll just get them re-upholstered in Alcantara again. If I was just focused on street driving, this would be very tempting.
Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
This is exactly the reason I decided to offer this product, in my opinion (which I believe the view shared by many owners) the OEM GT350 wheel has a lot of room for improvement.

Regarding the thickness, I have increased the thickness on the perforated sides, beefed up the thumb grips, aswell as adding thicker contoured shoulders to the bottom.

I could also increase the thickness of the top section, if that is a common theme with the feedback received.

:-)
I like the idea of a thicker steering wheel but I would prefer to keep the alcantara. Will you consider that option ? Thanks

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I like the idea of a thicker steering wheel but I would prefer to keep the alcantara. Will you consider that option ? Thanks
It is certainly something I could have made, although at the moment I have my hands full putting together my first batch on our current design.

If you would like a one-off piece making, drop me a PM and I can look into the exact spec you would want :)

Sponsored

Hill Country GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Any progress on this? I would be very interested, as I am not a big Alcantara fan, and miss the thick leather steering wheels from my previous M3s.

Thanks!

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
Funny the more I drive mine the more I like the softer material. Just hope it holds up and doesn't get shiny.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
looks amazing, interested to see a grey stitch, black stripe for the non R cars..definitely interested

Just got this one ready for my customer...had the exact wheel you are referring to....

Took just over 3 weeks to get it done from time of placing order to the wheel being ready to ship :)

Sponsored

Jumpman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x ~8,300 RPMs: 08 S2K & 17 GT350
I have to say I am very pleased with my replacement wheel from Beith. It's just like the pictured one with perforated sides. The wheel just feels great and has a nice little bit of cushion to it. Only thing I might would change is removing or reducing the extra width at 4 & 6. But it's a minor thing and just a personal preference. Great product.

Status
Not open for further replies.