2017 Camaro 1LE vs GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
It looks like a 1LE Camaro will be shown at the Chicago Auto show this year. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the phenomenal GT350. I think it will beat the base 350 but it won't have a chance against an R variant. http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevy-to-introduce-updated-trax-camaro-1le-in-chicago-90852.html here is the link. Apparently the source was a GM spokeswoman.

MODS: If this is not fitting of the vs. section please feel free to remove it.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'll be interested in seeing how it stacks up to the Z51 Vette mainly. I'm guessing it'll be along the lines of GT350<GT350TrackPack<1LE<Z51<GT350R

But the difference between the track pack 350 and 1LE might be a wash. They'll be close I think. Really depends on how aggressive GM goes with it.

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I'll be interested in seeing how it stacks up to the Z51 Vette mainly. I'm guessing it'll be along the lines of GT350<GT350TrackPack<1LE<Z51<GT350R

But the difference between the track pack 350 and 1LE might be a wash. They'll be close I think. Really depends on how aggressive GM goes with it.
GM keeps saying that they have separated the Corvette and the Camaro and are not impeding performance to keep the Vette as top dog. The gen 6 Camaro is an excellent performance machine. I am always wondering how close GM will actually make this 1LE to the Z51. I agree with your line up.

Agarc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carandsoulcustoms.com
First Name
Ant
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
i wonder how much more aggressive you can get with the suspension without it becoming to bad for DD unless they have a different mag ride setup hidden away for this moment that can go to super track duty and then back to comfort

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I'm generally a fan of the new Camaro.

But dang that paint scheme turns the car into a rolling turd.

I seriously hope that's not final.

Also, a 1LE v6?

Ok...

Maybe soon it will be time for the ecoboost to get an SVO track option and the v6 to get an ecoboost V6 Mach 1 option as the big daddy TT Voodoo GT500?rolls out.

I'm thinking Ford has the better engine tech. But they need to lightweight a bit and let the gt350 suspension tech trickle down.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.