Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Hey guys long time mustang owner - first time poster...

I'm thinking about trading in my 2011 5.0 6 speed for a GT350. Willing to travel 400+ miles if need be (the car only has 33k miles) ... are the markups still crazy now that we're in 2017 and we have confirmed the 2018 cars ? Thanks !

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was able to snag one for $500 under sticker. They are out there, just have to have patience.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Do you mean the doc fee?
Every dealer is different. I paid money up front for doc fees and about 3 weeks later I received a check from the dealer. They only charged me for actual costs to do the paperwork which was about 60 bucks. I got 140 back. When I am buying a car with a 60K MSRP, 200 bucks is nothing to get the car I want. That's just my personal opinion. I know many folks get PO'd at dealer costs. I saw a buddy walk out on a car he wanted over 200 bucks. The car was 95k MSRP. I have to consider the value of my time when choosing to fight over a small amount.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
That was a good car dealer! But for most it is a huge charge, for something that should be considered a cost of doing business. That not just my thoughts Fords Z plan says the same thing.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wonder if there is any compilation/way to know how many 2016s are still unsold out there, especially for dealers who had ADMs on them? Any way to get production to retail sales GT350 specific data?

ChiliPhilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Hey guys long time mustang owner - first time poster...

I'm thinking about trading in my 2011 5.0 6 speed for a GT350. Willing to travel 400+ miles if need be (the car only has 33k miles) ... are the markups still crazy now that we're in 2017 and we have confirmed the 2018 cars ? Thanks !
I just picked up my 2017 LB GT350 a few days ago for $1.8k under MSRP. Flew to Dayton, picked it up and drove back to Philly. If you're willing to look around, you can find under MSRP prices.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Thanks for the feedback! Noticed some colors tend to carry the ADM more than others. It's a good thing I'm pretty flexible on color , mainly just looking for a 2017 w/ electronics package.

Sponsored

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I've never ordered from Ford. And I guess I don't understand how this is possible. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. Here is the scoop. I wanted to order a 350 last year and found a dealer willing to give me their allocation (with admin of course) but they had me wait to order until May 21st because they wanted to make sure they verified they would have the allocation. So on May 21, 2016 I placed my order. Months go by and no car. I called Ford customer care and they verified my order was indeed in. The dealer later told me about the issue with the convenience seats and suggested I change my order if I wanted any hope of getting the car any time soon (Not sure how they would do that since the order is 'locked') Anyway, I ordered what I wanted and said I wished to keep it 'as is' and would wait to get it. More months go by... Today I call the dealer and they tell me that they aren't building any right now and when they start back up, they are still having issues with the seats and they aren't going to build any more convenience packages for 2017. So I can either modify my locked order? and MAYBE get the electronics package, or they might just give me a 18 allocation as soon as the order banks open. I asked if I could possibly wait for another year and have the same thing happen again. After all, if the seats for the convenience package aren't available for 2017 how the hell will they have them for 18? They said they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. Anyway, I Thought if you had an allocation, you had an allocation. How can they just not build it? I just feel like I'm getting jerked around even though Ford has acknowledged my order. Anyone else have anything like this happen??

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Wonder if there is any compilation/way to know how many 2016s are still unsold out there, especially for dealers who had ADMs on them? Any way to get production to retail sales GT350 specific data?
About 204 still showing available nationwide including R's

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
So I've never ordered from Ford. And I guess I don't understand how this is possible. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. Here is the scoop. I wanted to order a 350 last year and found a dealer willing to give me their allocation (with admin of course) but they had me wait to order until May 21st because they wanted to make sure they verified they would have the allocation. So on May 21, 2016 I placed my order. Months go by and no car. I called Ford customer care and they verified my order was indeed in. The dealer later told me about the issue with the convenience seats and suggested I change my order if I wanted any hope of getting the car any time soon (Not sure how they would do that since the order is 'locked') Anyway, I ordered what I wanted and said I wished to keep it 'as is' and would wait to get it. More months go by... Today I call the dealer and they tell me that they aren't building any right now and when they start back up, they are still having issues with the seats and they aren't going to build any more convenience packages for 2017. So I can either modify my locked order? and MAYBE get the electronics package, or they might just give me a 18 allocation as soon as the order banks open. I asked if I could possibly wait for another year and have the same thing happen again. After all, if the seats for the convenience package aren't available for 2017 how the hell will they have them for 18? They said they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. Anyway, I Thought if you had an allocation, you had an allocation. How can they just not build it? I just feel like I'm getting jerked around even though Ford has acknowledged my order. Anyone else have anything like this happen??
Most likely the dealer never had an allocation and they are just stringing you along. My dealer ordered my car in May of 2016 and it was built on 7/7 with the Convenience package. Ford can see your order in the system but that does not mean the dealer had an allocation and it may sit in the system without ever being picked up for build. Likely the dealer is hoping they get an allocation and keep stringing you along.

My advice, you will never see the car you ordered. Get any deposit money back and find one already built at another dealer. There are many 17 Convenience pack cars siting in showrooms. There was never any shortage of Convenience pack cars that I know of.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I got an email last week saying that my convenience package would have to be changed due to the same seat issue. Mine is ordered through Military Auto Source and not due for delivery until August. I just changed my order to electronics package to keep my order. I'd rather have the car than the convenience package seats.
Sponsored