AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Greets all,

I was wondering is anyone might know what the part number of these retainers are. I went to the Dealership to get replacements since 3 of them were missing, and the service and parts dont know the part number to this. In case anyone doesnt know where these are located, they hold the front wheel well shroud toward the front of the car, NOT the firewall. (Ex: Facing the driver's side tire, these clips are located to the left).

Currently the dealership gave me the straight flat common ribbed ones, but they'll get destroyed if they ever need to removed.

Doing a search on Google yielded nothing that looks like these, probably cause the keyword is wrong, and/or the part number is missing.

Thanks.
Clip1.jpg
Clip2.jpg
Clip3.jpg
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Greets all,

I was wondering is anyone might know what the part number of these retainers are. I went to the Dealership to get replacements since 3 of them were missing, and the service and parts dont know the part number to this. In case anyone doesnt know where these are located, they hold the front wheel well shroud toward the front of the car, NOT the firewall. (Ex: Facing the driver's side tire, these clips are located to the left).

Currently the dealership gave me the straight flat common ribbed ones, but they'll get destroyed if they ever need to removed.

Doing a search on Google yielded nothing that looks like these, probably cause the keyword is wrong, and/or the part number is missing.

Thanks.
You could always get an assortment like this, and you'll have what you need when you need it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QQRKXG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but I saw all of these, I would rather get my hands on the ones that are on the car now or very close to it. Personally I dont need an assortment, I just find it hard to believe Ford doesnt have a part number for this specific one.

BigCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Comp Orange
Here you go

Greets all,

Thanks.
Once again, your local Ford Service Dept. does not know what they're talking about.

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...as-engine/body-cat/fender-and-components-scat

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Thanks, but I saw all of these, I would rather get my hands on the ones that are on the car now or very close to it. Personally I dont need an assortment, I just find it hard to believe Ford doesnt have a part number for this specific one.
Ford does have part numbers for these, you just need to browse the parts catalog.

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...s-engine/body-cat/fender-and-components-scat/

Or, you can measure the diameter of the hole, and go to any auto parts store or even lowes and pick up a nylon push pin for the hole.

These things get damaged overtime if you take stuff apart anyway. I find having the assortment is handy when I am tinkering, that way I don't need to make an extra trip to the auto parts store.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford does have part numbers for these, you just need to browse the parts catalog.

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...s-engine/body-cat/fender-and-components-scat/

Or, you can measure the diameter of the hole, and go to any auto parts store or even lowes and pick up a nylon push pin for the hole.

These things get damaged overtime if you take stuff apart anyway. I find having the assortment is handy when I am tinkering, that way I don't need to make an extra trip to the auto parts store.
Yes they looked at this too, and here are the links to what #17 and #7 look like respectively, clearly not the same:

#17: http://www.ogatti.com/products/ford...al-absorber-clip-w705436-s300.html?fullSite=1

#7: http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/m-QAAOSwDNdVlfP3/s-l225.jpg

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Actually no, I forgot about this thread (sorry), I found out the reason "supposedly" (direct from a ford dealership's mouth) because I got the cali package, ford isnt the one who makes the cali package, and its a 3rd party, and its their push pins, unless I know who it is I wont be able to find it unless I go to that vendor. True or not, I gave up after that response as either no one knows anything, or its not worth the time.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Actually no, I forgot about this thread (sorry), I found out the reason "supposedly" (direct from a ford dealership's mouth) because I got the cali package, ford isnt the one who makes the cali package, and its a 3rd party, and its their push pins, unless I know who it is I wont be able to find it unless I go to that vendor. True or not, I gave up after that response as either no one knows anything, or its not worth the time.
Not sure if that is correct, I have these exact pins on mine. They hold the belly pan to the fender liner. I was just messing with them the other day when I installed my CS splitter.
There are a boatload of 10mms push pins on Amazon, maybe just get a pack and replace them all?

Last edited:

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sub'd, I am missing one of these and am in search of them also.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well I proved the dealer wrong today, I went looking at their mustangs on the lot and they all have these push pins, but yet no one knows how to get them, I was given by the shop foreman fusion push pins, which are a bit different where the head isnt as big, but the advantage is they are easier to remove with less damage, you push them in and then thumb unscrew them, I was given 6 of them to replace all of them to make it more uniform. The only way I think I am going to get to the bottom of this is by calling ford directly, and then I dont have much hope either.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
When changing out grills I discovered I was also missing two of these. I don't need the same exact kind as long as it fits I'll be happy. Has anyone tried the Amazon ones?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Figure I'd bump this old thread in case anyone is interested. I've been digging around for the plastic rivets and their p/ns. Pretty sure I found these half useless ones in the front wheel liners. I haven't bought them myself, so buy at own risk but they pretty much look identical and are sold as what we have been looking for. I had no luck finding the ford p/n.

Google this text "2015-2017 Mustang Front Fender Wheel Well Liner Push Retainers" in case the below links go bad.

https://www.amazon.com/2015-2017-Mustang-Front-Fender-Retainers/dp/B074CKLSDJ
https://www.blueovalindustries.com/hw1265.html

Anyway there you go, only option I've found.

Might as well add this. Guessing anyone who is looking for this info will appreciate it. None of this is verified, but I plan to make an order some day and probably never update this thread, lol. (only because I'll forget about it)

Desc. Ford P/n
Battery Cover W716510-S300
Radiator Cover W705436-S300
wheel well Small? W713610-S300
wheel well Large? W718365-S300
Splash shield (Under cladding) Screws W715060-S450B
Splash shield (Under cladding) Retainer Nut W717220-S300

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Figure I'd bump this old thread in case anyone is interested. I've been digging around for the plastic rivets and their p/ns. Pretty sure I found these half useless ones in the front wheel liners. I haven't bought them myself, so buy at own risk but they pretty much look identical and are sold as what we have been looking for. I had no luck finding the ford p/n.

Google this text "2015-2017 Mustang Front Fender Wheel Well Liner Push Retainers" in case the below links go bad.

https://www.amazon.com/2015-2017-Mustang-Front-Fender-Retainers/dp/B074CKLSDJ
https://www.blueovalindustries.com/hw1265.html

Anyway there you go, only option I've found.

Might as well add this. Guessing anyone who is looking for this info will appreciate it. None of this is verified, but I plan to make an order some day and probably never update this thread, lol. (only because I'll forget about it)

Desc. Ford P/n
Battery Cover W716510-S300
Radiator Cover W705436-S300
wheel well Small? W713610-S300
wheel well Large? W718365-S300
Splash shield (Under cladding) Screws W715060-S450B
Splash shield (Under cladding) Retainer Nut W717220-S300
Of course you find this after I traded in my '16 for the Shelby GT500 3 weeks ago. Well good to know in case the 500 uses the same push pins.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Greets all,

Thanks.
Clip1.jpg
Clip2.jpg
Clip3.jpg
I know this is an old thread but i found the proper ford part number for this push pin of which there are 4 on each side of the front inner fender liner. I put this part number which i got from my friend at ford and put into a website i use to find parts for my Mustang and it actually says this doesnt fit my 16 GT which it obviously does , yet the diagram clearly shows a mustang fender and this plastic rivet in the location it belongs in. They did not have them but they were 3 days away in Edmonton Canada ,hope this helps someone.

W717823-S300
Sponsored