Sponsored

Problems found on Australian Mustangs

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Has anyone else had their main instrument lights go off intermittently. They stay off for about 510 minutes and then they come back up. Happens day or night in full sun also. I'm having it investigated today at the dealer.
Yes. Usually when the auto lights have just been triggered off. I think the system sometimes takes a while to work itself out. It fixes itself so I haven't reported it to dealer but my car goes in tomorrow for warranty items so I will mention it also.
Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Yes. Usually when the auto lights have just been triggered off. I think the system sometimes takes a while to work itself out. It fixes itself so I haven't reported it to dealer but my car goes in tomorrow for warranty items so I will mention it also.
No, this is different to that. Driving along happily in the sunshine and suddenly the dash goes dark and you can hardly even see your speed etc (as if the car was turned off). Took it to the dealer and they have found an error message on it from the car's computer, and Ford are now talking about updating the software to a different version but were down today for 'maintenance'. I have the loan ecoboost till I get the Pony back. Will report back when it's resolved incase anyone else has this issue.

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My car has started having a problem with Reversing Cam and Rear Sensors. When Im reversing it sometimes switches off, then back on again, bit disconcerting when backing into a tight spot. My guess is its a problem with the R position sensor.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
No, this is different to that. Driving along happily in the sunshine and suddenly the dash goes dark and you can hardly even see your speed etc (as if the car was turned off). Took it to the dealer and they have found an error message on it from the car's computer, and Ford are now talking about updating the software to a different version but were down today for 'maintenance'. I have the loan ecoboost till I get the Pony back. Will report back when it's resolved incase anyone else has this issue.
Update: Dealer thinks it was registering a fault because my dashmat was moving over the sensor which is on the dash. Will go without it for awhile and see how it goes.

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Anyone notice the rear view mirrors when u fold it in they a bit uneven? Also the horse led sign is uneven too. Is that normal?

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Anyone notice the rear view mirrors when u fold it in they a bit uneven? Also the horse led sign is uneven too. Is that normal?
Yes they are really uneven, but I'm not sure why, maybe they move a certain distance and they are a bit uneven to start with.

The galloping pony on the ground gets blocked out by the side of the car so this difference is due to it replicating the different turn-in amounts.

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Yes I am pretty sure this is the norm not sure why. Same with not being able to see out of the passenger side mirror very well.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am pretty sure this is the norm not sure why. Same with not being able to see out of the passenger side mirror very well.
Yes I have heard of that complaint, but my passenger side mirror is the same as every other car I've owned. I like to have it showing me as much of the lane next to me as possible so I can see any car there, and avoid a dreaded blank spot. But some drivers like to see down the side of their car, to aid in reversing or maneuvering in tight spaces, its this set up that seems to cause you problems in this car.

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Yeh i noticed that too, thought Im a bit short thats why i have to move the chair a bit forward, but even when i move it backward, still too hard to see the passenger side mirror

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeh i noticed that too, thought Im a bit short thats why i have to move the chair a bit forward, but even when i move it backward, still too hard to see the passenger side mirror
Oh, OK it seems to be a physical thing of positioning inside the car. It must have been designed around me as I don't have any issue. 6'1" with a flexible neck ;-)

Sponsored

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Oh, OK it seems to be a physical thing of positioning inside the car. It must have been designed around me as I don't have any issue. 6'1" with a flexible neck ;-)
Hahaha thats what I thought. Maybe im a bit too short but my brother inlaw is around ur height and he think the left side mirror is a bit hard to see as well.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
From what I have been told it's because the mirror set up is the same for us as it is for the yanks. When they fit it for RHD in factory they don't do the same for the side mirrors and they are still set up for LHD.

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
I've had this happen a couple of times. I thought it was related to the sun coming directly in from the back window on the drive home. It hasn't happened in a while though :shrug:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
A few posters on the U.K. sub-forum have reported failing their first rego inspection (3 years over there) due to some play in the front control arm ball joint (a couple of them only just had their cars serviced and it wasn't picked up).

Might be worth keeping an eye on considering that we (in NSW at least) aren't required to have an inspection until the car is >5 years old.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
The Damn Tyre Repair POS in the Boot

Well as the the missus is still saying we don't need the Gnome spare, I decided to check the tyre compressor in the boot before we headed off for a 3000 km trip. My tyre was at 36 psi when I tried to attach the compressor and was 13 psi when I abandoned the idea and went down to Supercheap (in my other car) and bought a tyre compressor. I am a 59 yo engineer who has diy maintained my cars all my life. I suggest you all try the compressor before a long journey. It seemed to screw onto my old 4wd spare tyre OK, but not the Mustang's valves. Oh yes, new compressor works fine.
I use these and a compressor, never fails.
Actually I only did one of my rears last week, I fixed it quicker than I could've got my car jacked up.

SCA_130242_hi-res.jpg
SCA_130242_hi-res.jpg
Sponsored