looking for a performance shop SJ/LG/Campbell

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
Hi.

I am looking for a reputable performance shop in the San Jose/Los Gatos/Campbell area to install and tune a supercharger in my 2017 S550 GT PP.

I am leaning toward the Edelbrock E-Force Stage II Supercharger and my preferred installer (the same one recommended by Edelbrock) is in the process of relocating.

Looking for options....
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
We'll be glad to help, we combined with Borelli Motorsport and have done a ton of SC's on the S550s. We also have an in-house tuner if a custom tune is desired. Let us know if we can assist.

OP
OP
motodad

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We'll be glad to help, we combined with Borelli Motorsport and have done a ton of SC's on the S550s. We also have an in-house tuner if a custom tune is desired. Let us know if we can assist.
how do i get ahold of you? Yelp says Borelli is out of business. are you at club autosport when Borelli used to be?

OP
OP
motodad

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Borelli is under Sonic Motorsport now - you can reach me directly at 408.594.6167.
SWEET!! i will call you tomorrow morning and if ok, want to stop by about 12:30-1pm tomorrow to discuss my ideas and get you feedback/availability.

Sponsored

luisinho93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 50th Anniversary
Andrew: I also have a ‘17 Mustang GT 6 Speed. I have the stock base Vortech blower with the Vortech tune. I am looking to do a few upgrades and need a custom dyno tune. Do you have an in-house dyno?
I recommend AED in Sacramento.

OP
OP
motodad

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend AED in Sacramento.
I have heard some fantastic things about AED!!

I get my car back tomorrow. I had the Whipple StageII Gen3 supercharger installed and a Thermal R&D cat-back exhaust. We put the Whipple tune in for now. The plan is after the first of the year head to AED for a dyno run and discuss custom tuning, if necessary.

69Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
I have heard some fantastic things about AED!!

I get my car back tomorrow. I had the Whipple StageII Gen3 supercharger installed and a Thermal R&D cat-back exhaust. We put the Whipple tune in for now. The plan is after the first of the year head to AED for a dyno run and discuss custom tuning, if necessary.
What swayed you to the Whipple over the E-Force?

Sponsored
OP
OP
motodad

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What swayed you to the Whipple over the E-Force?
A couple of things... looking around the forums, the Edelbrok E-Force seems popular with the Camaro SS crowd where as Whipple seemed more popular with the Mustang crowd. Not just from info off forums, but also talking with installers from SoCal to Sac.

The gears on the Whipple are 2.9 which are larger than the E-Force so as such, the actual supercharger from Whipple has to work less hard for the same (and more) horsepower. Because the SC is working less hard, less heat is generated. I know 2 people with E-Force that say on hot days, the inlet temp get so hot the Edelbrock tune has to take timing/power out.

Price... the Whipple Stage II Gen3 kit was roughly close to the Edelbrock E-Force Stage I price.

The nail in the coffin, I wanted more power than my buddies with E-Force on his Camaro SS another with a CTS-V but CARB compliance is important. The Whipple Stage II is CARB compliant, as far as I know, the E-Force Stage II is not!!

What was the biggest PRO for the Edelbrock? WARRANTY!! They basically take over the Ford 3y/36m warranty. For Whipple, you have to buy the warranty and it has a value cap! I chose no warranty.

I have no regrets and super happy I went with the Whipple. It is a total sleeper, nearly no SC whine.

Oh and one last thing, the Whipple Flight Control allows you to adjust (remove) power across the board or per gear. My E-Force friends could not even tell me if they had that feature.....

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
motodad,
wondering what you paid for the install of your whipple, also what was the time frame...

TimAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
will PM you.
Same question as above. Also curious about your experience with the purchase and turn around time of install. Thanks!
Sponsored