Sponsored

ford has a new plan

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
guys this was in the WSJ last week ford has a newer ceo has big plans to shift R&D lose models and go electric self driving. I feel this article is contrary to the gt 350 and what will be fords commitment to making great low volume cars like this in the future. The first thing the new guys want to do is cut cost chase the pack you can never make a great company with long term success by saving money.
ford article.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm glad I bought two R's. My thought process was that this very well may be the last of its kind. Obviously, the next car that has been developed will be delivered, but future development is in question.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
You can’t make things like the GT350 and the 911 and all the other cool, fun stuff at a quasi-reasonable price, unless you make a boatload of money elsewhere.

This is a smart move.

-Spacebird, Corporate strategist

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
They’ve been through worse and worse news have come out...

Mustang is still around.

In 2023 the it car around here will be a hybrid Mustang that packs P1/918/NSX performance for less than $50k

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ford went after the fat middle of the market for decades until Alan Mulally was hired from a leading engineering company (Boeing). Until then, the cars they made were crap. Then they started making cars that people wanted. Sounds like we're going back to the good old days. Welcome to the future.

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
We are in a golden age of horsepower and performance...the best since the late 60’s & early 70’s. The nature of cars will change drastically in coming years...so if you like large displacement naturally-aspirated high performance vehicles with wailing exhausts, seize the day!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Stop making cars like the 350 and I will no longer be a ford man.

Oh and yes, I will make good on that threat.

Bless me father, for I have sinned...... I oogled over a ZL1 1LE that I saw in San Jose that looked nice and sounded great. Reading the reviews, ford better answer. Deep down, I know they are going to kick ass in Daytona this year where they got thier ass kicked last year.

Don't answer the call ford and I go elsewhere.

Oh, and I'll take the fat middle car business with me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Don't give up hope.

Much like some other recent Ford performance oriented offerings, what is to come has been kept very secret. I had the luxury to speak to some at the season ending GT4 race about this that may or may not work for Roush. It is badass and it is coming.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Ford Performance cars are very profitable for Ford and you will not be seeing them go away any time soon. A focus sedan or Fiesta sedan? Say good bye to those.

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Stop making cars like the 350 and I will no longer be a ford man.

Oh and yes, I will make good on that threat.

Bless me father, for I have sinned...... I oogled over a ZL1 1LE that I saw in San Jose that looked nice and sounded great. Reading the reviews, ford better answer. Deep down, I know they are going to kick ass in Daytona this year where they got thier ass kicked last year.

Don't answer the call ford and I go elsewhere.

Oh, and I'll take the fat middle car business with me.
What part of SJ where you in?

There are several ZL1 1LE's around. There's a really nice blue one I've seen often.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

There are several ZL1 1LE's around. There's a really nice blue one I've seen often.
Oh, you're a sinner too?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

I was at the Hilton downtown. I met Fuhrius the day before and bought his rear seat delete from his R for my roll cage peoject. Anyway, my morning thing is head out to Starbucks (Yes coffee without cars) and I saw one pulling into a parking garage. As soon as I could grab my phone to take a pic, it was gone. But that sound and look was unmistakable.

A YouTube video and a bunch of mustang owner threads of people in denial don't do that car justice. [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] , I hope you are right. You may be right on the short term of a car that has already been developed and is bound to be released, but what about future iterations?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
we laughed at prius for many years, now we're gonna be the next one
Sponsored