Sponsored

Notifications

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if this has been posted, I did a quick look but didn't see anything pop up.

Is there a way, or a plan to, allow the forum to notify you when you are quoted or thanked within the forum, without sending me an email.

The emails were annoying, I don't use the internet later in the day and my phone was vibrating a little too often for my taste anytime someone would post in a thread I was subbed to.

I frequent a handful of different forums and they all have the same feature. If you get quoted or "liked" it gives you a little notification in the top right corner that you can see when you log in.

Curious if this forum has this feature.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The forum used to send out an email when a user was mentioned (not thanked) but the consensus seemed to be against this feature so it was turned off. However, you will see under "Your Notifications" right next to your avatar in the top-right of the forum it keeps a tally of all your unread "New Mentions" which you can view by clicking into it.

To view the "thanks" you've received or given you have to click into your user profile and see it under the "Statistics" tab.

OP
OP
Austinj427

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The forum used to send out an email when a user was mentioned (not thanked) but the consensus seemed to be against this feature so it was turned off. However, you will see under "Your Notifications" right next to your avatar in the top-right of the forum it keeps a tally of all your unread "New Mentions" which you can view by clicking into it.

To view the "thanks" you've received or given you have to click into your user profile and see it under the "Statistics" tab.
The mentions thing is nice, I haven't had that happen but if you are quoted, something similar would be cool.
Sponsored