Sponsored

Steeda ProFlow cold air intake for GT

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Selling a very low mileage excellent condition Steeda ProFlow cold air intake for the 15-17 GT. Comes with everything needed for the install and can include the no tune billet insert from Steeda which makes this intake run on the stock tune. Buyer pays shipping or can meet locally in MA or NH.

I wrapped the aluminum MAF housing in heat reflective gold wrap from DEI but that easily peels off if the buyer does not want it which I will do before shipping out the unit.

http://www.designengineering.com/ca...gineering-inc/heat-sound-barrier/reflect-gold

$230 with insert
$200 without
cxfdsftds.jpg
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did that heat tape work?

OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Did that heat tape work?
I never did any back to back testing on this particular unit, but in the past I have had great success with this stuff.

My old car had a plastic airbox that sat on top of the radiator and would get super hot almost to the point that it would scald my skin if I touched it after a long drive. After applying a layer of this to the underside of the airbox (where it came in contact with the radiator) the rest of the plastic would remain almost cool to the touch.

Now that was an extreme case where the airbox was in direct contact with a 200 degree chunk of metal, but still I imagine that the aluminum MAF housing will retain quite a bit of heat from the engine bay and metal takes a long time to cool. Just go out for a drive then pop the hood and start feeling the intake tube and airbox of your car and see how hot they get.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, thanks for the info man!
Sponsored