Sponsored

Arizona Peeps, who is Lund tuned with nGauge

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
I'd like to use this thread to compare logs and what we are all seeing on our pids, with regards to knock retard, spark advance, Lambda etc. I'm no expert by any means, rather learning most of what I am looking at and analyzing by just listening to knowledgeable people, and not just taking what you hear on the Internet as the gospel. My friend Choking Victim and I are both on the same tune, with essentially identical yet limited mods (Catback, Roush intake with insert removed, Reische 170 stat and a slew of suspension upgrades). Main diffence is he is a PP car and I'm base.

I'm asking for only Arizona folks, because we are known to have shit gas, so I want to compare just how much positive knock retard you are seeing, and if any gas stations make any difference. So far I have tested Shell, QT, Costco and Chevron, with Chevron coming in a little worse up at high rpm datalogs.

With that being said please post up your results and thoughts. Who knows maybe we can try to get a few meets together out of this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge NSRT-4, 2015 Mustang GT PP
A little bit of a non sequitor, but after running my NSRT-4 on a dyno for the 1st time I was told to never use Chevron. Car was getting some high rpm popcorn. Stuck to that pretty religiously.

I do my best to get Shell.

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Ingot Silver
I live in the East Valley and use Lund.

I've had a FF tune and ran E85 for a while.

I currently have a 91 gas tune on as I have just put the GT350 TB and IM on along with 47# injectors and Greg wants to get the injectors dialed in before he gives me a FF tune with them.

OP
OP

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I currently have a 91 gas tune on as I have just put the GT350 TB and IM on along with 47# injectors and Greg wants to get the injectors dialed in before he gives me a FF tune with them.
What kind of knock retard were you seeing with 91 in the tank?

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wonder how the Lund compares to a dyno tune? I had my car done at dyno solutions and all is good. But I still wonder about a Lund tune

Sponsored

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonder how the Lund compares to a dyno tune? I had my car done at dyno solutions and all is good. But I still wonder about a Lund tune
I thought Dyno Solutions in Chandler was out of business??

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT

Hows it running with the TB and IM. Any issues? Others have reported surging.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hows it running with the TB and IM. Any issues? Others have reported surging.
It still has some surge under certain situations, but it drives fine cruising at 2200rpm's. Lund has tuned most of it out, but some remains. They say until they can get their hands on an actual S550 with the GT350 Combo installed they won't get it completely eliminated. They estimate they will have that done in the next 6-8 weeks.

I bought an MMR adapter and was going to put the OEM TB back on, but in the end I just decided to ride it out. Like I said its not that bad and only happens if you slowly roll into the throttle at like 30%. Hit it and it pulls more than fine.

I have actually been running the car at 25% ethanol, mixing 91 pump and E85 and it runs great. At E25 the horsepower gain is still noticeable over 91 as an E25 mix is about 95-96 octane, but you loose the long crank starts of full E85 and of course the big mpg hit. I actually got better mpg running at 26.5% than I did running E10/91 pump......go figure.

OP
OP

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still has some surge under certain situations, but it drives fine cruising at 2200rpm's. Lund has tuned most of it out, but some remains. They say until they can get their hands on an actual S550 with the GT350 Combo installed they won't get it completely eliminated. They estimate they will have that done in the next 6-8 weeks.

I bought an MMR adapter and was going to put the OEM TB back on, but in the end I just decided to ride it out. Like I said its not that bad and only happens if you slowly roll into the throttle at like 30%. Hit it and it pulls more than fine.

I have actually been running the car at 25% ethanol, mixing 91 pump and E85 and it runs great. At E25 the horsepower gain is still noticeable over 91 as an E25 mix is about 95-96 octane, but you loose the long crank starts of full E85 and of course the big mpg hit. I actually got better mpg running at 26.5% than I did running E10/91 pump......go figure.
What have you been seeing for knock retard running E25? Are you getting positive knock? Also what brand of gas are you mixing with E85?

Sponsored

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What have you been seeing for knock retard running E25? Are you getting positive knock? Also what brand of gas are you mixing with E85?
I have never had any positive knock numbers with any of the Lund tunes I 've datalogged. Always 0 or a negative number. The last datalog I sent them was with E27 in the car and it was mainly 0's with some below -1.0 and few -3.25 at WOT in 3rd gear.

I have 3 E85 stations on my way to/from work. 2 Chevron's and a Valero. The Valero's E85 reads to be around E80 and the Chevron's are more around E75. I mix with the California 91 craptane we get her in AZ.

OP
OP

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never had any positive knock numbers with any of the Lund tunes I 've datalogged. Always 0 or a negative number. The last datalog I sent them was with E27 in the car and it was mainly 0's with some below -1.0 and few -3.25 at WOT in 3rd gear.

I have 3 E85 stations on my way to/from work. 2 Chevron's and a Valero. The Valero's E85 reads to be around E80 and the Chevron's are more around E75. I mix with the California 91 craptane we get her in AZ.
So no positive when you were just using the 91 non flex mixture? My friend and I are both seeing positive knock on 91 regardless of brand and location. Both cars are basically same, other than his is a PP and mine a base.

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no positive when you were just using the 91 non flex mixture? My friend and I are both seeing positive knock on 91 regardless of brand and location. Both cars are basically same, other than his is a PP and mine a base.
I just went back through my datalog from the last 91 pump gas tune I had on the car right after I put the GT350 TB&IM on it. Not one single positive number......all between 0 and -4.67 at WOT in 4th gear going 130 mph on Queen Creek Rd between I-10 and Price Rd. :D

OP
OP

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went back through my datalog from the last 91 pump gas tune I had on the car right after I put the GT350 TB&IM on it. Not one single positive number......all between 0 and -4.67 at WOT in 4th gear going 130 mph on Queen Creek Rd between I-10 and Price Rd. :D
Crazy.

We need to meet up some time, would like to see your beast. You taken to the drag strip yet? I'm thinking of going this Friday.